just had my very first expereience of the horrors of narcotics

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by safety, Oct 11, 2009.

1. safety

safety double safety

i was visitng my gran in hospital and in one of the beds over the way from her we heard a woman talking about her daughter, who was the patient. aparently she'd taken a pill and reacted badly to it, she had a fit and has been in hospital since early this morning. she wasn't responding to anything the doctors or nurses had done. her brain had swollen and her blood was poisoned, they didn't expect her to make it thru the night.

i've always thought drugs were pretty harmless over all and those taking them knew what little risks there were, but seeing this girl vomitting while she's unconscious as her body tries in vain to get rid of the poison with life support monitors around and loads of other machines, well, it's made me wonder a bit

2. Jakue08

Jakue08 Active Member

thats a sad story, feel for the girl and her family, not gonna stop alot of people though, only when either a mate or themselves get ill will people even think about stopping

3. safety

safety double safety

i'm in no way suggesting drugs are bad and you shouldn't do them. my first thought when i heard the woman talking was that it was what ever the pill was pressed with that the girl reacted, and that's what i told my mum, but i didn't wanna go over and say that to the woman or tell her that she shouldn't have a bad opinion of ecstacy, just the people who make and sell it, i didn't think that would go down well

4. Mass

Mass B.D.S

ecstacy is a very harmful drug believe it or not.

It has a reputation for being the drug that can change mental state in an instant,
    and always with a negative effect that can and more often than not lasts your entire lifetime.

this may not happen to everybody but it does happen to a lot, maybe not your first or second or even third pill but theres not 1 person on here that doesnt know a pill head from their youth that is now a complete fuck up whether theyre paranoid or used to be a joker that nowadays snaps in an instant.

in short

ecstacy = bad times.

5. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Fuckin' ell. Must of been mad seeing it. As you say, this girl has just got to be terribly unlucky, reacting badly to whatever shit the pill has been cut with.

It's not normally the pill itself that does the damage, it's just the effects of what it does. E.g. most people can't piss AT ALL when they're buzzing on pills/MD whatever. Happened to me a few times. The problem here is that if you keep drinking lots and lots and lots of water you can eventually drown in your own bodily fluids.....as you can't piss. Would take a while, bit it's possible.

And then to the other end of the spectrum, you might forget to drink water. This + lot's of raving + being in a hot place can cause your body to overheat, your heart can't cope and basically just gives up. I believe this is how Leah Betts died in the 90's, the girl who made the dangers of ecstasy abuse infamous.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely used to love pills, the REAL MD when that was about....not much of a coke or shroomy person, so it was my thing. But I agree with the depression shit, it fucks you up, so I'm pretty happy that all the REAL MD has ceased to exist........for the moment. Only prob is now I just drink more!! HAHA!!

6. Gumby

Gumby New Member

heavy shit man
    theres been a few deaths here recently. the last girl was 17, took 3 pills at a festival on a 40 degree day. just silly tbh.

7. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

bad batches of pills or an allergic reaction are usually to blame. if you think about what goes in when the tablets are made, a small handful of people will be allergic to one chemical or another.
    glad i dont do em anymore.

i saw a picture of a guy at a rave in mixmag or sommat and he had a tshirt that said

"leah betts died from taking one extacy tablet"

and on the back, it said..

"LIGHTWEIGHT"

8. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

That's why I stick to weed and booze.

Although I miss being mashed off E.

9. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

In short. You are talking arse breeze.

A lot of my friends from my youth that I still know now continue to go out and get mashed and they have a family, kids and mortgage. Not one of them is a complete fuck up.

You say that ecstacy's mental effects are ALWAYS negative. They never felt negative to me or any of the people I was taking it with.

Have you ever taken ecstacy or MDMA?

10. dizzzeejungle

dizzzeejungle Junglist Down Under..

IF your going to do it, do it safely .

EG. unknown batch, just take half at first, then once you are all sweet with them, go from there,

Mate bought a pill tester kit the other week, good investment !

11. dizzzeejungle

dizzzeejungle Junglist Down Under..

IF your going to do it, do it safely .

EG. unknown batch, just take half at first, then once you are all sweet with them, go from there,

Mate bought a pill tester kit the other week, good investment !

12. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Leah Betts died from water intoxication. She died because she drank 7 litres of water in an hour and a half.

13. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

It's been proven in studies that E has no long term effects.

A Scientists actually gave subjects E and studied them for so many years.

The effects last for the 6 or so hours, then your brain and body start working their way back to normal.

14. rob_del_terror

i always thought they were sound. speed and weed fucked my head up. i'd say that e's may be played a small part but its speed that twists you up the most. dangerous stuff.

15. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Yeh, weed is a lot worse for you in the long term...

16. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i would disagree for the most of cases... i would imagine if these people didn't get fucked on a pill, it would have been weed, or booze, or coke... some people just are more likely to succome!

ie me and my bro have smoked weed pretty much everyday from our late teens... no major side effects!

one of our mates though, went a bit off the rails... i think it was waiting to happen but the weed was the catalyst!

but in response to safetys post, if they were good clean pills then she probably wouldn't be in hospital... but pills, mdma and coke are in a bad way at the moment... some of the 'key ingredients' are unavailable, so substitutes are being used and thats why they suck!

17. rob_del_terror

i smoked weed for 10 years, lots of it, at one point ismoked about a quater of green a day, for the last 2 years of this stretch everytime i smoked it i went paranoid, to the point where i didnt trust my own brother. i couldnt look people in the eye when i spoke to them.

i think it was after i took alot of rotton speed, but, the weed was then the catalyst like you said.

if i didnt smoke it i was fine, as soon as i had a few tokes, the paranoia came back. it took me ages to stop because even tho it made me weird, i loved it. i still love the smell of green. and i do have the odd puff with no problem.

moral of the story is....and i've stuck by this for years....theres drug use, and drug abuse.
    if you abuse them. they'll abuse you. play nicely.

18. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i like this! :not_worth

19. rob_del_terror

unfortunately i learnt it the hard way.

20. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Moderation and understanding.. sad story though, hope she's ok