Just got fruity from marlz

B

BDS

fruity loops 8 + me = baffledo_O:shrug::twitchy:

if u can help check the fruity loopers page for my details.

wud be unbeleivably appreciated(yn)

ta in advance.

BDS

i did have a link to some tutorials.... it was all the very basics of FL, but i cant find the link.... i may have deleted it cos i didnt need it :shrug:

will see if i can find it on you tube

anyway.... tell me what you CAN do..... so i know what you need to know, dont really wanna spend ages explaining something you already know :lol:

do you know how to load wav files into the samplers, and click in patterns??

do you know how to load up a synth and open/use the piano roll???

I need the very basics of it

tried a tutorial but he didnt explain what he was pressing/doing very well

ok cool, i just knocked this up for ya....

its a VERY basic tut just to get you going..... making a full track is obviously a lot more complicated than this!!!

first off is the pic of the sample browser and the step sequencer, if you cant see either of these click the buttons in the pic....

now get some samples...... in the sample browser in the pic you can see a folder called "packs" which is highlighted, click this, it contains samples that come with fruity

2gtdqfm.jpg

in this example im using samples from the "realdrumkits" pack, click on the samples to preview them then drag them to the step sequencer (drag them to the place where the arrow points in the pic)

now draw in a beat, the beat in the pic is a very basic example of a std drum and bass beat

op8kjk.jpg

now once you have a beat going, you can adjust some velocities, follow the instuctions in the pic..... the values in the pic are just very basic examples

you will also notice ive put more beats in, including some ghost snares; i will explain those in the next pic

2vdh111.jpg

heres a basic example of ghost snares, you have the main snares at standard velocity, and the ghosts are quieter....

i2858g.jpg

now you have a basic beat going, lets load up a synth to make a bassline......

in the example im using the 3xOsc that comes with fruity because its a basic synth

load it up by clicking channels (see pic) then "add one" then pick the 3xOsc

now turn down the volumes on osc's 2 & 3 so you can only hear the first one

the sound will be quite high pitched so raise the root note (the pic says lower it but its wrong). by raising the root note you lower the main pitch (c5)

to raise the root note, RIGHT click an octave or two (or three) higher.... in the pic i set it to c7

now open the piano roll (see pic)

2eey4d5.jpg

draw in a basic melody

30vbz44.jpg

now to adjust the synth settings.... im not gonna go into full detail here, just give you a few basics

turn up the vol on osc two a little and change the wave shape, the wave shape will change the timbre/texture of the sound.

the "CRS" will change the pitch of each osc..... it is very important to do this in octaves or your sound will be out of tune..... to adjust in octaves, adjust in sets of 12 semitones (-24, -12, 0, +12, +24) you can see how many semitones it has been adjusted by by looking at the panel just below the "channels" button you clicked earlier

11werlc.jpg

the last pic shows you how to send something to an effects channel

wlrqfb.jpg

ok well thats the basics, hopefully that will get you off to a good start

Just about to really start dabbling in production as well, BDS, if i do use FL Studio this guide is very helpful, thankyou very much Marlztah, nuff respect.

Firstly, marlz is fooking good lad. Respect to you for doin all that mate.
BDS, its a shame you live in Birmz mate. i live in portsmouth. I would happily invite you round and show some stuff. Marlz will sort you out mate. Just persevere. I learnt how to use fruity with no guides or help. Just takes time mate.
peace

:cowbell::cowbell::cowbell:

Marlz , does it again !! :devilslay ,

respect to marlztah and the other guys, that go out to help noobs .

to go out your way like that for 1/2 hour marlz to help someone you have never even seen before , ( like me ) ... in my eyes, deserves big respect , same with vick vega and darkist ... always get nice tipe from these guys .

:cowbell::cowbell:

thanks.... boredom does strange things to ya!!

na, i just like helping, share the knowledge and all that ;)

Back
Top Bottom