Just got a new Xone 92... but its not quite working properly!

Mish Mash

VIP Junglist
I just bought I Xone 92 off eBay which has come straight from a service by official Allen & Heath repair people, but the X-fader assign switches don't work properly! Selecting a channel to go to one side of the fader will instead send it to the opposite side. Does anyone know if there's a way I can fix this easily? I don't really want to have to pack it all back up and post it off again.

Also, the gain seems really low for my vinyl. When I put the gain to the max the level only just reaches 6db max, which means some of the quieter records would be barely playable. On my DJM600 this wasn't an issue at all and I had the gain at about 10 o'clock with the levels peaking at about +3db, which makes me think it must be the mixer.

If anyone can help that would be great!

I've emailed Allen & Heath technical support about the X-fader issue as well but I reckon they'll take quite a while to get back to me

Edit: I've just realised the title makes it sound like its brand new, but it is actually a used one

Last edited:
yep I've looked around for about the last 20 minutes online, doesn't seem like anyone else has had the X-fader problem but a few people say the phono inputs are too quiet. It's not too bad really cos I don't think I've ever used a X-fader, but it's meant to be in 'as new' condition so I want to get it sorted while its still covered by the warranty the people I bought it off gave me

yep I've looked around for about the last 20 minutes online, doesn't seem like anyone else has had the X-fader problem but a few people say the phono inputs are too quiet. It's not too bad really cos I don't think I've ever used a X-fader, but it's meant to be in 'as new' condition so I want to get it sorted while its still covered by the warranty the people I bought it off gave me

how much did you pay for it?

fuckin shitter, and inb4 all the head shoutin "should ave kept ya pioneer and Allen and Greif"

erm, i have had no problems with mine, but are ya decks properly grounded, and the x fader is wierd, it kinds of assigns everything to one side and everthing to the other if ya know what i mean, u can assign more then one fader to X and Y, these are usually done by buttons on the mixer...let me ave a look...hold up

how much did you pay for it?

£670. It's in really good condition from the looks of it and all the faders have been replaced and every things been cleaned and lubed up. But seems they messed up the X-fader channel things

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

fuckin shitter, and inb4 all the head shoutin "should ave kept ya pioneer and Allen and Greif"

erm, i have had no problems with mine, but are ya decks properly grounded, and the x fader is wierd, it kinds of assigns everything to one side and everthing to the other if ya know what i mean, u can assign more then one fader to X and Y, these are usually done by buttons on the mixer...let me ave a look...hold up

Ye there's the switches for the filters and the fader. The filter ones work fine but the fader ones send it to the opposite side of the fader

Hmmm, still its weird that the fader assign switches would link them to the opposite channels

Tbh though geez, i hardly use my fader and just keep it in the middle and use the ups. As long the filter switches work thats all that matters!

Yeah, you might be right know bruv

The fader is easily removeable. Just lift the face plate, flip it, bosh....job done

Cool I think I'll give that a try

And do any of you have any idea about the gain thing? I've just been trying it now and with the gain the full way up the levels max at about 0db on most tunes. I've got ortofon pro S cartridges so they should be fine really.

erm, check ya needle, wiggle ya phonos going into the back with a level going in, there could be a loose connection you know man.

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

i bet u any money it will be something daft, just the are so many buttons on it it will be confusing.

Ah man! I'm pretty much 100% certain the cross fader is just in the wrong way round. But the people I bought it off gave it a pretty cool custom face plate that covers the screws, so either I unscrew the cross fader and ruin the faceplate, or I take the whole faceplate off and turn the cross fader section around, but this will make the colours on the face plate not line up.

Here's a picture of the face plate-

g9XxS.jpg

ARGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

Might just have to return it

Ah man! I'm pretty much 100% certain the cross fader is just in the wrong way round. But the people I bought it off gave it a pretty cool custom face plate that covers the screws, so either I unscrew the cross fader and ruin the faceplate, or I take the whole faceplate off and turn the cross fader section around, but this will make the colours on the face plate not line up.

g9XxS.jpg

ARGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

who did you buy it from? psychadelic hippies?

who did you buy it from? psychadelic hippies?

haha ye I thought it might've looked pretty shitty in person but I thought I'd risk it cos it was so much cheaper than any other ones I'd seen on eBay, and I'd been looking every so often for quite a few weeks. It actually looks quite good though I reckon. And a replacement graphite grey face plate is £50 so it would've still been cheaper for me to buy the mixer and get a new faceplate then if I'd got the mixer from anywhere else

g9XxS.jpg

ARGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

nah the crossfader has screws under the plate mate, so remove the face plate, flip it over and the plate over ya cross fader can stay the same i am sure of it.

Back
Top Bottom