Just got a bit of kit...

D

DJOctane

Easy all, I just got a 19" Rack Mountable "Reverb & Multiple Effects Processor" for £30 at a bootsale!.....but i'm short on ideas on how to use it correctly

I dont really know alot about production, but i've been playin about with it and resampling things through it with varying degrees of success...is this what i'm supposed to do? lol!

Does anyone else use any stuff like this, if so what do you think is the best way of puttin it to good use?

It's for processing your sounds !

What is the make and model of it !

Does your soundcard have outs and ins or are you using a mixing desk that has aux send on it ?

Havin an external effects processor will save cpu ! You are basically gonna use as you would say a reverb or chorus plug in on your pc, all you ahve to do is bus your audio out to it and have it coming back in.

What prog/DAW are you using ?

Give me some more info !

I think it might be cheap and shit, if it aint its still got a shit name! Its a ZoomStudio 1201..

Ive been runnin my laptop out into the processor, into my mixer, back into my laptop and recording the results into CoolEdit. Then saving it as .wav and usin it in a sampler in AbletonLive. To be fair, that seems to be workin really well now, and after messin about with it i can make some pretty cool shit with it!

I think it might be cheap and shit, if it aint its still got a shit name! Its a ZoomStudio 1201..

Ive been runnin my laptop out into the processor, into my mixer, back into my laptop and recording the results into CoolEdit. Then saving it as .wav and usin it in a sampler in AbletonLive. To be fair, that seems to be workin really well now, and after messin about with it i can make some pretty cool shit with it!

perfect way of going about it i do this loads too

Back
Top Bottom