Drum & Bass Just finished! Presto Gen - Black flies (Liquid Drum & Bass)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by PrestoGen, Jul 3, 2012.

1. PrestoGen

PrestoGen Paracytra

I Just finished a new clean Liquid Drum & Bass track wich I would love to get any kind of feedback to..
    It's called Black flies and features pads & paino and intense drums.

Anything I should edit before posting it to my website? :)

2. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Hate the intro pianos, apart from that blue note.. Just the sound of them really, but still it's a bit offsetting.

The bass synth is out of key in places, the break needs changing up every once and again and there's very few elements driving the track forwards, it just kind of goes through the different parts one after another, nothing's leading into the next part or building a sense of expectation.

Like the Blade Runner-ish sounds, but work on your mixdown so that stuff doesn't get lost and make sure there aren't any key clashes because you've got quite a few I guess dissonant chords is the word for it in there.

3. PrestoGen

PrestoGen Paracytra

Yeah I noticed the clashing notes. It was the bass conflicting with the trumpets. I am working on a edit were this will be fixed and also I will try changing the pianos to synth keys instead, should be interesting :D

4. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Hmmm pretty interesting stuff, but indeed the piano sounds a little weird sometimes. Still not that bad though, but it just needs some tweaking here and there I guess, your on the right way.

5. PrestoGen

PrestoGen Paracytra

So yeah, now I created an edit. I have tweaked some things here and there, changed the piano to some synth keys. And most important, I've edited the bass notes so they don't interfere with the trumpets.

Please have a listen and tell me if this version is better than the erlier above?