Just did my first ever set...

perspective

Sausage Rolls
VIP Junglist
Did an open deck night with the Nu-Music society at uni, had 30 minutes on the decks between an guy playing breaks and a house dj... i think it went ok bar 2 mixes that were a bit dodgy and i had to switch real quickly...

the place was dead though and there was nobody dancing or anything, but i didnt get booed off or anything so happy days :D

i got such a buzz off it though, before this id only played at parties with mates around and stuff, this was completly different, nice and phat sound system etc, technics, phat pioneer mixer, decent headphones...

PHOOOOOAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FUCKING LOVE MIXING!!!

I FUCKING LOVE DRUM AND BASS!!!

smoking up with my bredwins now, im still well pumped up!!

Controller

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
VIP Junglist
It's such a rush just standing behind the decks man, before you've even put a tune down!

Even better when there's a big old crowd having it right in front of ya :D :D

You got a regular thing then?

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Nice 1 bro. I would love to play at rave even if it's small. But sadly my DJ skills aint up to much yet., but there geting there lol. I can imagine the buzz.

Congrats man...

I remember my first set, it was at Legends in Sutton a few years back, such a dive but it was packed and everyone was having it.

Such a great feeling. Big up

:rave:

perspective

Sausage Rolls
VIP Junglist
It's such a rush just standing behind the decks man, before you've even put a tune down!

Even better when there's a big old crowd having it right in front of ya :D :D

You got a regular thing then?
yea i think it could be more regular - was speaking to the organizer and he was talking about putting me on again at a better time, which sounds pretty promising :D

it felt so different to playing at parties and stuff though, knowing people were paying to be in there and stuff, im still pumped 12 hours later :p

HIGH INTEGRITY

My graffiti name since 1985- Amuse
I can "feel" the enjoyment you got from the gig, by just reading your message!! I wish we could bottle that feeling and use it when we are having a bad day! :D

Good Luck with more gigs
H.I.

robhicks1

Nuts about Zoo
VIP Junglist
Congrats man I did exactly the same at my uni dj soc last week. Was a wicked buzz:) They were like witch slot of 30 mins do uou want and I was like can't I play for 2 hours lol.

Dj Rubble

everyone enjoys their first time out even if it goes really badly, i find its the step towrd where u really want to be that gives u the drive to push harder. who knows blod keep it up n u could end up with a chick like mine :D

djwhitehaze

ILL-HAZE
VIP Junglist
big up yaself son, and dont worrie bout the 2 mixs u mentioned, all djs mess up belive it or not, even the top dogs do so dont let that get ya down. jst keep onit and push ya self for next time

big ups

perspective

Sausage Rolls
VIP Junglist
everyone enjoys their first time out even if it goes really badly, i find its the step towrd where u really want to be that gives u the drive to push harder. who knows blod keep it up n u could end up with a chick like mine :D
haha, heres hoping ;)

big up yaself son, and dont worrie bout the 2 mixs u mentioned, all djs mess up belive it or not, even the top dogs do so dont let that get ya down. jst keep onit and push ya self for next time

big ups
cheers dude, i've learnt a lot from it and i can't wait to have another go :D

LineOne

The Cubase Man
yeah man all dj's mess a tune now and then. Shy fx innovation album theres a track on there he scuffs for a couple seconds. it goes out but he brings it bk in. he made a mistake and hes pro lol??

big up urself bruv. never dj'd on a set but ive mc'd and i know da rush lol. adrennaline makes u shake like a cunt into u get into it