Just Can't Nail That Mix

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Easy people, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get a good solid mix together so I can post it up on the Forum. I keep bringing the mixes together then become to judgemental on what I've done, causing me to be nervous for the next mix. I know peeps have asked this question before but I've tried 3 times now & it's starting to bug me ^ I really wanna showcase some of the mixing, so any helpful advice would be sorted witha cd of the finished product!!
Thanks in advance

all I can say is some of the best Djs i've seen can have things mess up on them in the mix, and they're attitude seems to be 'fuck it, it happens and i'm not gonna stress. next tune.'
:smash:

DEFINITELY!! CLUB SET-UPS BRING THERE OWN SET OF PROBLEMS AND THERE'S NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT...

IF YOU'VE GOT ACCESS TO A COMPUTER (AND SOME SOUND EDITING TOOLS), RECORD THE MIX STRAIGHT THROUGH THE SOUND CARD A COUPLE OF TIMES AND CUT + PASTE THE BEST PARTS TOGETHER (COOL EDIT PRO IS IDEAL). I KNOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE HASSLE, BUT IF YOU'RE ACCURATE IT WILL SOUND WICKED.

IT ALSO GIVES YOU THE CHANCE TO ADD EXTRA SAMPLES/SCRATCHES ETC. ON TO YOUR MIX (IF YOU'RE INTO THAT SORT OF THING!!?)

ANYWAY, DON'T WORRY ABOUT DOING IT LOADS OF TIMES IF NECESSARY - IT'S BETTER THAN PUTTING OUT A MIX YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH.

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING IT SOON... :fag:

i know wot u mean with bein judgmental. i find if im mixin and its cainin a little bit il be grittin my teeth the whole way thru. as soon as its over tho i try to not let it bother me and make sure it dont happen again. post a mix up mate. ur probably just being overly critical over ur work. post a mix and see what the reactions like. im sure any criticism will be constructive (y)

True gentlemen, thanks for the advice I'm aiming to get a mix done by the end of week if I can get my shit together, so look forward to a nice little mix heading your way peeps :eek:

Last edited:
same here. il probably have posted a mix up by the end of the week. depends if i can get my head round all this tricky computer stuff! hostin, megabytes, bitrate, sample rates... makin the mix aint the hard part!

Stop thinking about about it too much, that probs the reason why its going tits up. just press record and have some fun

Back
Top Bottom