Just came into possession of a new mixer. Few questions

Forau

VIP Junglist
My mate gave me his American DJ Q-2422/SX until i finish saving for my xone 62 as sound quality from my mixer has gone downhill rapidly, and i was wondering 2 things really.

What are the following:

-2 sockets on the back which look like your standard 3.5mm socket which says "Player Control". Wtf is this?

-1/4 inch jack which says "Light Control". Does this mean i can whack a music controlled laser/moonflower/strobe or something in there or what?

2 sockets on the back which look like your standard 3.5mm socket which says "Player Control". Wtf is this?

2 sockets are for plugging in auxiliary CD players via 3.5mm leads.

They are not audio inputs, they are fader start controls. When connected (and switched on), moving the crossfader will start the CD deck playing. It is a seperate cable to the audio RCA.

They are not audio inputs, they are fader start controls. When connected (and switched on), moving the crossfader will start the CD deck playing. It is a seperate cable to the audio RCA.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, why would it use 3.5mm jacks when theres plenty of xlr and rca inputs.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom