Just been sacked....for virtually nothing

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by rysk, Jun 25, 2011.

1. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

So some of you may know that i recently got a job at maccy d's. So far i'd only done 2 shifts, on todays shift I was put in charge of those sausage burger things, I'm gettin shouted at because i'm not doing it quick enough, so i try harder to do it quicker. I manage to burn my fingers on the grill and mumble UNDER MY BREATH and well out of earshot from customers the word "shit" next thing i know i'm being pulled aside and told to clock out and hand in my uniform....does anyone else think that's completely unfair?

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

well kind of, but big companies like that have a very strict image that they have to present at all times, its part of the brand (esp as mcD's wants kids in there restruants), and espcially as a new worker, probly on a trial/temp contract, you really have to behave perfectly, just see it as a sign that its not the right job for you and move on....you could try talking to the manager and see if he'll give you another chance, but unless you are willing to be a drone that does exactly what you are told all the time, and fit into the brand that McDonalds is trying to promote all the time, you will have a tough time in that sort of company, may try a smaller chain of companies or independant company? or a job which is back-of-house, they tend to be more easy going on stuff like that

3. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

go back with a big red wig and a yellow baby suit and reapply .. they like that look there .. tbh .. m sure you could get another job if you look hard enough, ive always been able to get jobs .. ure 18, go in all the pubs and restaurants today, with c.v.'s , asking if they have any work, i did that few years ago and got about 3-4 phone calls, and i did it bout month ago, and i got a phone call the other day asking me if i wanted a job, but i got one already from it .. go in all the shops and cafes aswell .. get off ure comp, print 30 c.v.'s , and go out , and give them out and when you hand them over, ask ... do you have anything available at the moment, smile, and look keen. wear smartish clothes, brush ure teeth young man , comb your hair TIDY YOUR ROOM .. also go onto building sites, go into agencys, they will have you a job in no time .. its what they do .. if all else fails go in them .. all the shops in ure town, go in , ask again, hand in a c.v. ... every place customers go .. pubs places to eat ... go in ... hotels , b&b's ...

you can get a job .. ure just sat at your comp now .. if you had to get a job to eat, and ure life depended on it ... you'd get one ... fuck maccys

4. JJEC

JJEC Active Member

Leebotwood, Shropshire, United Kingdom, United Kin
    Best part of it.

5. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

I'm going, to a temping place on monday. I don't NEED a job right now, but i've gotta help out mummykins with rent/bills etc.. and some cash for myself. No way am i going to get another job in a fast food outlet. I'd prefer an office job but that's gonna be pretty hard to get without experience.

6. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

So glad i got out of retail. Fuck that noise.

7. JJEC

JJEC Active Member

Leebotwood, Shropshire, United Kingdom, United Kin
    Im sure there will be something about, even if it is shit. But like ethix said just hand your cv around everywhere, your bound to get a call at some point.

8. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

standard, need to find a way of gettin some p's before the 8th july. Got NASS festival coming up and i need to make it a messy weekend. No way am i going without at least a quarter-bag

9. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

Sacked? from McD's? Oh dear!!

10. DBazza

DBazza Member

That's pretty odd...I remember when I worked at McDonald's during sixth form, I always worked in the kitchen (either on grill or chicken side) and we frequently said far worse things than that to each other and the managers didn't seem to care (in fact some of them even joined in). I guess it depends on the individual store and how much of a Nazi your manager is.

11. Fire starter

Fire starter Active Member

yeah thats bad, my mate got sacked from maccys and it was his first job after leaving school. He now struggles to get interviews let alone jobs lol

12. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

I've done some shitty jobs, one in this really abusive landscaping / gardening outfit, a posh firm for posh people with posh houses that exploits migrant workers and shit.
    Had a cool Polish boss though, whenever things got nasty he would just go "Tryj too lyjke it!!" and was totally on my side once this one bitch outed herself as a total neo fascist cunt and started trash talking what she called "The oogah-boogahs". Stupid Estonian cunt, she's as much of a foreigner in this country as any Pakistani or Somali is..

However; as long as you're working with the right people, any old shitty job is easy; cleaning dog hair and grime and algae and shit out of the drains of old fountains with your bare hands can be fun if you've got someone to bitch and moan about it with.

Not quite sure where I was going with this...

13. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

cheers for the vote of confidence bro (y)

14. Datt Male

Datt Male Active Member

everything you post seems to be about how all foreigners are so hard done by, get over it mate

15. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

maaaaat daaaaaale

16. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

surely they cant sack you for just that
    what happened to verbal an written warnings an shit

17. Datt Male

Datt Male Active Member

don't u start that shit mate thats all i hear all day at work lol

18. Acid_Alli

Acid_Alli aka The Executioner

Ahh shit to hear armed. You've just gotta remember they're not worth it, your better then working in maccy's. I heard burger king are recruiting tho.

19. tone090

tone090 Bare back rider!

You wouldn't get treated like that by the Kernal!

20. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

You might get treated like it by the Colonel though

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011