just a quick question!

youarecosmic

Monster
Basically got some vinyl decks second hand, and when i put the needle on the plate it just sort of skims off into the middle. Does this mean i have to get a new cartridge and stylus. if tht is the case can someone recommend me a good cheap C & S, advice much appciated.

Sounds like your needles buggered matey! Probably the cheapest thing to do is by the needles for the the cartridges that you already have. (obviously price depends on which carts you have).

Id recomend buying some new carts anyway though as there 2nd hand . Ortofon are very good. even the cheaper ones in the range.

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/carts_styli/ortofon/ompro:bone:

I have these and i cant fault them really!

Try fiddling with your decks anti skate - should be a small dial near the tone arm mounting - and counterweight...if that doesn't help then Id suggest new needles.

i tried adjusting the anti-skate but it keep doing it, its just wierd cause it was working perfectly and then it was just all of sudden, is there any way you can tell if the needle is broken.

rub you finger along where the actuall needle bit is... If its just smooth then its sound like its worn away or just broke of, I get this problem quite a bit with my numark Gt's after the stylus is a few months old

Basically got some vinyl decks second hand, and when i put the needle on the plate it just sort of skims off into the middle. Does this mean i have to get a new cartridge and stylus. if tht is the case can someone recommend me a good cheap C & S, advice much appciated.

Try putting the headshell on the dodgy deck on to the good deck, if the good deck then has the same problem you'll know if its the needle, if it works ok it's probably something to do with the set up of the tonearm.

i put it on full weight and seems to be working now, just need to get a stylus for the other deck and also some vinyl would help, but then every single tune i desperatly want seems to be out of stock. Another question wat lead would i need to connect them to a guitar amp.

6083big.jpg

6.3mm (1/4") to phono lead.

Back
Top Bottom