Just a couple of questions

mini_molko

First off, was just wondering if anyone could reccomend me some good effects VST's (Preferably free ones). Kinda getting tired of the same old built-in choruses, flangers, reverb, etc that you get with Cubase and really want to fuck around with some new sounds, but dunno where to start...

Secondly, I've got this sample of a famous theme tune that I'm remixing for a friend, but it's not quite as fast as I want it to be, and everytime I time stretch it in Cubase, it loses sound quality, so I was wondering if there was any way of increasing the speed without losing that quality.

Cheers.

You can google free vsts. Kjaerhus, the cockos ones that come with REAPER (more compression and eq etc) Lots of other bits and pieces that vary in quality.
KVR has a lot and you can refine your search to save time.
virtualcreations UltraPhazer
LUXONIX
Seek and you shall find.

Cheers, I'll check that out! :)

Oh yeah, another question... I've been working on basslines by splitting audio samples I've taken from VST's and adding effects and slight adjustments to the various frequencies, etc to get some nice sounding blines, but I was just wondering how you then sequence those audio samples with your tune. It's all very well having a singular note that sounds good, but I need a quick way of inputting different notes throughout my song like you would if you were putting in notes with midi... At the moment I've been having to do it all through seperate save files, which is highly time-consuming and quite annoying. :S

I'm guessing that's where you'd be resampling by loading the audio (wave?) files back into a sampler so you can play it in piano roll/keyboard.
Do you have a sampler of any kind? Not sure of any freebie samplers.

You could try speeding up your sample in several stages, just running it a little faster each time... might give a different result. You should also try different audio stretching algos to see what kinds of results you get, Reaper (free to demo) comes with a couple of different stretch methods

Back
Top Bottom