junglist in the wrong country

Psynce

whats up everybody, i found this forum a couple days ago. I live in the US which sucks balls cause most people don't have a clue about dnb, and a lot of people i know make fun of me for listening to it, but that's whatever i really don't care what people don't like for music.

I've been making beats for little more than a year and a half. I started playing with synths and trippy stuff almost 2 years ago but i didn't start making beats until i was almost out of high school. I found out about drum and bass about halfway through my senior year and i made a few attempts at making it but i didn't start listening to artists i liked and making it until sometime later that summer.

I found out about dnb from looking up trip hop tutorials and how to's and i wanted to start making dnb because it was a form of music i knew nothing about. I started out by torrenting old tunes but a lot of the stuff i heard i wasn't into, then when i found some artists i liked i started buying music from them and all the others i felt where worth buying.

I started making beats with a loop machine, and i was doing that for almost a year before i got my own computer, now i'm working on tunes and mixes and have a bunch of loops i'm working on finalizing as tunes

I realize DnB is underground even in the UK but more people are into it over there than over here. If they played Drum and Bass on the radio, i'd listen to the radio, but instead they play the same waterd down garbage everyday.

I've also yet to see a Drum and Bass DJ i've actually heard of and listened to, no offense to anyone in the local scene, i'm glad people do what they do, but not many people come over that often, and when they do it's usually in California and i'm more towards the New York side of the states.

I also noticed a lot of British people hate Americans. Can't figure why, we're essentially the same. The one thing i hear most is how unintelligent we are...doesn't matter tho, it's whatever. If you're ever playing ANY game on Xbox live where there's kids from the US and kids from anywhere in Europe you'll hear some mean shit hurled to the opposing sides...and they're usually on the same team when that happens otherwise they wouldn't be talking to each other.

Anyway some awesome tunes have been coming out lately, I love Drum and Bass and could care less who doesn't

welcome man, in a lot of cases you'll find that local djs are often as good if not better than big names - due to the fact that they spend all their time djing, rather than producing etc as well.
i don't think we hate the americans at all - we just like to take the piss out of them for being stupid ;) (jokes)

enjoy the forum

eh it's cool, plenty of dumb shit happens over here, and dumb shit happens cause of dumb people. Glad to hear it's all in good fun tho, and thanks for the heads up about the local scene, i'll be sure to go out and support it more often!

Welcome to the forum mate. Feel free to check the mixes section to broaden your collection of dnb...

Have to say those of us with brains dont hate you guys we're just annoyed coz we keep getting dragged into your wars. Also we love to take the piss so dont take anything you hear seriously.

As you're from one of the original colonies consider this as a bit of a spiritual reunion.

Thats what i love so much about drum and bass, so many different fans in so many different countries. And it matters diddly shit when your at a rave anyway :).

Back
Top Bottom