Junglist Etiquette

randomjunglist

Student of Junglism
While I've known about and listened casually to dnb over a few years and learned some things about it as a person who wants to well-informed general electronic music listener, I've only recent months become serious about it.

So, to start to aclimate, I was wondering about what things (common mix practices, encouraged crowd interactions, etc) make a dnb show unique.

(also, is it really a thing that you can yell "REWIND" or "RELOAD IT" at the DJ and get your jam played a second time at a dnb concert?)

While I've known about and listened casually to dnb over a few years and learned some things about it as a person who wants to well-informed general electronic music listener, I've only recent months become serious about it.

So, to start to aclimate, I was wondering about what things (common mix practices, encouraged crowd interactions, etc) make a dnb show unique.

(also, is it really a thing that you can yell "REWIND" or "RELOAD IT" at the DJ and get your jam played a second time at a dnb concert?)

Hello from across the pond!

When the MC shouts "When I say DJ, you say Spudgun!" you are encouraged to throw bottles of piss at him.

I have been known to jump around wildly screaming for the reload when a heavy hitter gets dropped.

I'm not sure what you mean by common mix practices?

Whenever you stop mixing turn the headphones down to 0 for the next person.

Alternatively a friendly bum tickle is an acceptable way of saying BIG MIX

I'm not sure what you mean by common mix practices?

I guess I meant things commonly done in a good drum & bass mix, i.e. mixing techniques generally employed; like maybe the spinback is more typical in a d&b mix, or the "double drop" (two drops layered over each other).

Oh. Stay away from too many breakdowns for a live mix, they're not so bad for car/travel mixes. Live mix maybe 5-6 tunes between breakdowns

if you're going to do a spinback (& if i understand exactly what that is) be a good sort and turn the highs down

Junglist etiquette

Beware of the kid who started too early and wants to vomit on your trainers, cheeky bar stuff giving you foreign change and people throwing shoes at Shabba

I hope you'll excuse the illiteracy, but what exactly is a breakdown? (example, maybe?)

A breakdown is when the DJ sobs uncontrollably due to his self gratifying aura of being too awesome. This, in turn, makes the MC sob uncontrollably down the mic which makes the crowd sob uncontrollably and everyone inna de dans dissolves in their own tears, like an effervescent tablet, until there is nothing left but lights, lasers and pile of fizzing bubbles.

p.s jk btw! A breakdown is the part of a tune that usually has no drums and comes just before the drop.

A breakdown is when the DJ sobs uncontrollably due to his self gratifying aura of being too awesome. This, in turn, makes the MC sob uncontrollably down the mic which makes the crowd sob uncontrollably and everyone inna de dans dissolves in their own tears, like an effervescent tablet, until there is nothing left but lights, lasers and pile of fizzing bubbles.

p.s jk btw! A breakdown is the part of a tune that usually has no drums and comes just before the drop.

Hahaha fucking loool :rofl:

if a proper gully murker comes on you're obliged to take your shoes off and wave them around

If a huge dubplate gets dropped its acceptable to windmill your way to the front and scream CUNT at the DJ

get all your mates to do the same for maximum junglist points

Back
Top Bottom