Jungley pads

Discussion in 'Production' started by Cat Gas, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

How would you make more retro, jungley sounding pads instead of more modern pads? As in the kind of pads you'd get over a heavy stompey amen tune from back in the day?

I should probably get some examples...brb.

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

I think they often had a constant interval, like a minor third (3 semitones) or maybe major third (4 semitones) which didn't change regardless of which note played. Not musically correct but still sounds cool.
    Kinda like a power chord on the guitar but with the root and 3rd rather than the root and 5th.

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

supersaw and play a... whats the name of that chord again. major 7th i think

4. Structure4

Structure4 Member

Tbh mate with jungle pads you basically want to use pads from sample packs, try searching dnb atmosphere sample packs and they will often have these old skool jungle pads on, its hard to create these sounds yourself as they have weird harmonics, give me time to search through my samples and ill recommend you a good pack, picked loads up off ebay for 15 squid which are good for this sort of thing, Btw the jungle pads im guessing your talking about are the ones that come in later on in the tune in break's original-let it happen and levitcus the burial, hope this helps mate. niccceee oneee!

5. logikz

i dont think that was particularly good advice structure4. theyre really simple to make which makes it even worse to use a sample pack for it.

6. Structure4

Structure4 Member

well fair enough mate im just trying to help the matey out, ive always struggled to make them myself so if you've got an example thats as clean as the ones in the tunes i posted, then fair enough.

7. logikz

i looked and you didnt post any tunes?

8. Structure4

Structure4 Member

no as in the examples i gave in the last post, ie. leviticus - burial and half way through break- let it happen (original mix)

9. logikz

right ok yes, absolutely. i agree using a good sample is of course imperative. i would prefer it if it was a single note though

10. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

I know, it was an impulse question, I was just curious and sort of lost interest but am still interested if people know how