Jungle???

$$$$ $$$$

Just wondering, why did Jungle burn out? seems to really finish up in around 95-96.
Ive been having a great time discovering all this old school Jungle. I never disliked it, just never really got into it. probably didnt hear it enough.

But maybe it didnt burn out at all, and there's an active scene.

Can any1 point me at the main players. I am sure ill discover this allong the way.

also, whats the difference between Jungle and Ragga Jungle? Is Ragga Jungle with the vocals?

<3 $

Jungle is alive and well and its called dnb. Half of the old guard have their own labels and are still in the game.

Ragga jungle is pissed off rastas with amen breaks. Its hard core fans call it a totally different musical genre, me I call it dnb.

Dj Warhead said:
jungles just evolved with the times look at goldie

yeah i tend to agree with this, and various other artist besidess. there is still a facet of dnb that is more tending to keep some of the sounds of that early jungle era though. what you call is depends on your view

It's all still Jungle...some people call it liquid, techstep etc...at the end of the day it's all Jungle.

Jungle will never die ! just listen to Twinhooker & Paulie Walnuts - MadDemSound @ Breaxity may 2006 i posted , u'll see =P

jungles still alive, just depends where u look. Its all about the ragga-jungle tho nowadays. progressed that sound to extremes. absolutely sick!!

Agree with JD.

Check out www.raggabot.com for some hi quality nuskool LA jungle tracks and mixes for dl.

I don't think Jungle did 'burn out' in the 90's, people just moved it on and kept on evolving the sounds in numerous directions. Some people perceive 'classic Jungle' as dated or old skool, but that's just cos it had such an impact at that time and defined an era...(and was heavily hyped by the media).

Classics still get played out, and the influences are everywhere.

Jungle's for life...

the w0rld jungle came from the club that they 1st started playin that sorta music..
it got coined in uk.. in like 94 on cds ..

Thought it come from Jungle techno and was around since 1991...trax like Hackney Hardcore "Dancehall Dangerous".....Guy Called Gerald "21 Gun Baaaad Bwwwooooy"
They're what got me hooked on teh sound, but it was 'hip-house' that evolved into hardcore/jungle I reckon...stuff like Silver Bullit "21 Seconds to Comply" Hijack..."hijack" were the ones for me..will have to do a "roots" of DnB mix..u know

Stedfast said:
Thought it come from Jungle techno and was around since 1991...trax like Hackney Hardcore "Dancehall Dangerous".....Guy Called Gerald "21 Gun Baaaad Bwwwooooy"
They're what got me hooked on teh sound, but it was 'hip-house' that evolved into hardcore/jungle I reckon...stuff like Silver Bullit "21 Seconds to Comply" Hijack..."hijack" were the ones for me..will have to do a "roots" of DnB mix..u know

Hijack the Terrorist Group!! Man I had that album back in the day, sickness. bout the time I started raving too.

That's breakcore...

Dnb on speed & frustration with massive amens and little bassline. Sounds like dnb sounds like to your dad.

Back in the day...

Dnb is jungle :cowbell:

Back
Top Bottom