jungle wip

Dident like the drums at the start, but i really like the breaks later on :) and ye its a Drum n ? track tho as it dont got no bass yet;P lol u need some bass. i can imagine it being cool with some bass. im unsure about the hoovers, they might work well when the bass comes tho. But i dont really see the points of those drums in the begginning

i agree with the guy above defo needs some bass! the sample of darth vader is sick! dunno if its my speakers by the drums are very quiet. Defo has the potential to be a tune!

thanks for listening and feedback guys! drums at the start are from a different track, just stuck them in there to bring it in cos i can't decide on an intro...
there's lots of sub bass going on tho, will have to check soundcloud later cos the version on my laptop sounds dirty, need a good sub or decent phones to hear it properly tho.
not sure about the hoover noise myself, trying to make a more grimey sounding synth but will see how it goes.
the feedback's appreciated tho :D

I can hear the sub no probs, but it's proper low, what frequency is that running on? I'd say up it a little. If I'm correct, sub bass cant really be heard below 44hz, it can be felt, but not heard.

I think the hoover synth is far too loud ( and dare I say it, cheezy sounding) maybe change that for a grittier sound.

Overall tho, I like the feel of it. Did you write the jungle drum loops yourself or are they samples?

Then the sub is too low and should be on a hearable level? just widen the range of it.

that sounds like good advice - however i have no idea how to do that - still picking it up as i go along!! any tips would be appreciated - although will google the shit out of it at the weekend.

wasn't sure about the hoover synth cos it sounded good in my headphones, but have to agree it does bring too much cheddar to the table. looking at the comments it's definitely worth getting a more gritty synth going on.

semi-cheated with the drums, sampled a generic amen break, chopped it up and built my own loops. only way to go until i can figure out how to make my own perc sounds...

thanks again for the feedback is all being absorbed by the sponge-like grey matter in my skull:pat:

Hmm.......I was on the understanding that bass (especially sub bass) should stay centered, and not be thrown out to the sides (widened) but I may be wrong.

As for changing the frequencies of the bass, throw the patch in a seperate mixer channel, then on that channel, apply a parametric eq. Then you can adjust the various frequencies to your liking.

Hmm.......I was on the understanding that bass (especially sub bass) should stay centered, and not be thrown out to the sides (widened) but I may be wrong.

As for changing the frequencies of the bass, throw the patch in a seperate mixer channel, then on that channel, apply a parametric eq. Then you can adjust the various frequencies to your liking.

thanks for this - that sounds relatively straightforward so will see if i can sort it. ideally wanna keep it as low as poss cos i like chest-crushingly low bass! will have a look at widening also to see which makes the most suitable difference.

lots to do, so little time....

There are various ways to widen a sound. You can throw the sound into a seperate mixer channel, then add a stereo enhancer effect. Or alternatively, you can clone the patch so you have two identical sounds, then pan one to the left, and one to the right. I wouldnt recommend doing this with bass tho, as club PA systems generally run on a mono channel, which would seriously mess up your tune!

cheers fletch will have a play - tbh i'd rather keep the bass centred so will look at switching the frequency up some, but gonna try all the above as a matter of course just so i know what it all does!

Alternatively there is another solution to "fattening" your bass, without actually widening it. If you are using 3 oscillators, try detuning one by +1, and another by -1. This usually helps give a sound a little more "depth"

you clearly know your shit - will give this a go also as am using 3xosc - nice one!
seeing as you only live down the road from me i might have to ask for a tutorial at some point cos you got a lot of stuff in your tunes that i've been trying to figure out how to do for a while.

Sure, I'll help any way I can. I only know how to do this shit in FL Studio tho, not really played with any other software. But I guess it all works pretty much the same.

What things do I have in my tunes that you are trying to achieve? If its simple enough I'll throw you a PM explaining it.

that's cool i only know fl studio myself that's not a prob.

hard to describe what i'm on about, there's probably a technical term that i just don't know yet. will have listen later so i can say which part of which tune i mean.

safe for the assistance :D

In which case I can show you everything I've learnt so far lol! I'm still learning myself so dont expect miracles, but if it helps you out then I'm all for it.

If I'm honest, most of the stuff I've learnt so far has been from here anyway. Dont be shy to ask questions, there's alot of kind peeps on here willing to share their knowledge.

But yeah, we only live 10 mins away from each other, so if you want to meet up and see it first hand then I'm happy to do so.

regarding widening up sub bass. put an equalizer there and put down the freqs under 80 hz by 6db and put a distortion plug or a compressor (with subtle settings) to get it to the loudnes it had before, but now with the freqs above 80hz boosted by 6db.

you get what i mean?

Last edited:
Then the sub is too low and should be on a hearable level? just widen the range of it.

Agree with this, also that hoover is too loud and dominates everything else, drums are good though.

thanks for the feedback on this - will dick around some more and up a new one once i'm happy with it.
to summarise:

sort out the sub
turn down the hoover and also de-cheeselate / increase dirtiness
make some kind of appropriate intro

if i've missed anything holla, am gonna try and get this done over the weekend so can re-up next week

thanks for the listen all :D

Back
Top Bottom