DnB Jungle Style WIP. This any good?

hmmmm...
tbh the drop sounds a little weak.
like it doesn't do anything different when it drops, just has a sub...
nice ideas though...
a few edits sound alright...
keep workin on it!!

Cheers guys,

will trim the intro a touch :)

Work on the drop for sure :D Not sure what I could use, another bass sound on top of the sub?

Will have a fiddle around with the break after the drop too !

Agree with what the others have already said.....

You need to EQ those breaks more to get them punching more, maybe layering a few single hits on top to help emphasize the beat. Instead of a simple sub, try a lowpassed reece bass, it will give the bass more texture and the track more body. Also some subtle automations on bass filters would help the movement.

Cheers man, I will need to work on a reece then! Got some new stuff to learn :)

I tried following an online tutorial for a reece bassline once but it sounded pretty nasty :lol:

Thats awesome man thanks for sharing! :)

I am going to try and learn something here :lol: - Am I correct in saying that having one pitch set to -0.24 and the other to +0.24 makes a sort of clash which creates that wobbly sort of sound?

Thats awesome man thanks for sharing! :)

I am going to try and learn something here :lol: - Am I correct in saying that having one pitch set to -0.24 and the other to +0.24 makes a sort of clash which creates that wobbly sort of sound?

Yeah it causes slight phazing which is where the sound gets its depth and texture from. Experiment doing this with 3 sine waves, square waves or saw waves for different reece styles

Awesome man ! Thanks very much, I will have a proper fiddle around with it tomorrow evening if I am not out and about :D

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

Oh, just spotted you post disputa!

As far as planning goes I'm not sure :lol: What I normally do is just play around with different sounds and the moment I found that pad thing I knew I wanted to go for a Jungle style. But I just keep playing around, but I do have a few ideas floating around my head :)

Cheers for the feedback!

What the other guys said, good ideas but needs work. Fix the drop, shorten the intro, work some more on the punchiness of the drums and the bass and u r there.

Back
Top Bottom