Jungle Sound

B

BDS

Im looking to make those stuttering snare drums u hear in all the old jungle tunes (like the 1 at the drop in dead dread) can any1 advise me on how to do it in fruity 8 cant get them to sound right?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
i think iv posted the right track but im at work so i cant check the audio.

ill check it at 2 on my dinner.

Im after the sound that danny byrd has in shockout.

do any of you know a decent snare/break to use for this or is it as dustek says the amen snares that are the best for this type of thing?

I want one that sort of clatters if u get my drift.

open a new pattern in flstudio, tempo 180bpm
find any snare that has a quick snap not a long deep hit
add it to the pattern
fill up 8 hits in a row
right click the channel & select add to piano roll
cut the hits in half and fill the gaps that are left and you should get the sound your after, i think?

open a new pattern in flstudio, tempo 180bpm
find any snare that has a quick snap not a long deep hit
add it to the pattern
fill up 8 hits in a row
right click the channel & select add to piano roll
cut the hits in half and fill the gaps that are left and you should get the sound your after, i think?
ez wobalz

got massive working now haha

and that sounds like it might work will give it a try when i get home and let u know wat happens.

ez wobalz

got massive working now haha

and that sounds like it might work will give it a try when i get home and let u know wat happens.

safe bro

good good like i said you learn how to use it come hola at me ;)

yer safe man should workout alright if you understand the dodgy wobbly description of how to do it :teeth:

safe bro

good good like i said you learn how to use it come hola at me ;)

yer safe man should workout alright if you understand the dodgy wobbly description of how to do it :teeth:

I wouldnt ask for anything other haha

ur name is wobalz after all :D

the sound that danny has is shouckout is a pitch envelope on snares. put 8 snares in a row. bounce down, put in sampler, put an envelope on the pitch with the pitch going down

the sound that danny has is shouckout is a pitch envelope on snares. put 8 snares in a row. bounce down, put in sampler, put an envelope on the pitch with the pitch going down

cheers m8 but i have no idea how to do wat u just said lol

im a noob to fl8 and im not technical at all yet lol.

im gonna av a go anyway tho:D

Back
Top Bottom