Jungle/Hardcore Drum Sample - (help! you read - you care - I love you)

JSDNB

Hehe! ;)
Hello everybody, safe to say I'm relatively new to production... The thing I am looking for may be very common (and maybe it's just me, I don't know it). Lately I've been a lot into Durban Poison - Babylon Timewarp (linked below).

The thing I'm looking for is the percussive sound coming in at 1:32 to enforce the break. I really can't understand: It's not a clap, I also tried cutting snares repitching them, I also went for a hypercompressed fuzz-wah guitar... Basically I'm trying to reproduce it but I can't figure it out.

Would you please help?

Have a great sunday! ;)

hi there buddy, old school is deceptively difficult to make, specially durban poison - babylon timewarp, which is a thing of great beauty.

the percussive thing is just a snare thats been highpassed, reverbed and phasered, i cut it out of the tune for you,
i think its the sesame street break by blowfly:

the other thing that comes in around 1:32 is your typical reggae piano chord on a casio toy keyboard made in china, its mad how they used the shittiest synths in reggae.

Attachments

• durban poison 3 snares.wav
    95.5 KB · Views: 165
Logikz! Thanks a lot for your help and the effort made: I will certainly work on what you suggested.
...And hopefully, will post my first track-sketch soon. ;)

Thanks, I've got no one producing around me these days so it makes a great deal knowing one can still rely on friendly/patient people on the forums. Thanks man! :)

Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom