Multi Genre JUNGLE FOOTWORK ALL OVER MY FACE

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by Karmic, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Karmic

Karmic New Member

http://www.mixcloud.com/ash4321/jungle-footwork-all-over-my-face/

Daman - Money Is A Terrible Thing (6blocc Jungle Remix)
    Wit!? - Chipwork Splooshcore
    Remarc- Drum N Bass Wise (6blocc RAW iz dat footwork? Remix)
    Lewis James - Powerchild (EAN Remix)
    Roni Size - All Cru Muss Big Up (6blocc Footwork Mix)
    Revere - I Won't Blame You (EAN Remix)
    Fracture feat. Dawn Day Night - Get Busy (DlxRmx)
    DJ Vadim - Lost My Love (Memory9 Jungle Bomb Remix)
    Swall - Bright//Moon//Light (CL Moons Remix)
    CL Moons - Wildlife
    Om Unit - Dark Sunrise (Kromestar's Lean'in Remix)
    Om Unit - Ulysses VIP
    Om Unit - Searching (EAN Remix)
    Beardus - Chekkmate
    Moresounds - Analog Steak (Danny Scrilla Remix)
    iTAL tEK - The Flood (Throwing Snow Remix)
    Throwing Snow - Behest
    iTAL tEK - Yesterday Tomorrow Today

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  2. Floating Hunter

Floating Hunter Well-Known Member

all over this mix

3. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Wicked stuff mate! That Drum'n'Bass remix is heavy!

4. jsmith89

jsmith89 Hmph..... silly...

5. Karmic

Karmic New Member

6. DdotP100

DdotP100 DnP

refreshing. loads of artists/tunes i've never heard of big ups!

7. Karmic

Karmic New Member

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback. Big up yourselves :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice one, I found pretty much everything free off Soundcloud, it's an incredible place to discover new artists and they love to give their tracks away free most of the time.. I'm happy to be able to pass on what I've found and celebrate their amazing talent by sharing the tunes in my mix for you.

DnB forever! :)

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants to download it's free over at my Souncloud page https://soundcloud.com/karmic/jungle-footwork-all-over-my

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers for the comments, I don't usually get much feedback. It's good to find some like-minded heads!

If anyone wants the Remarc mix it's free on 6blocc's SC page here https://soundcloud.com/digital6/remarc-drum-n-bass-wise-r-a-w

And sorry for repeating myself, I can't see if any of my replies are getting posted yet.. bit of a noob on this forum :)

Shatner's Bosom likes this.
  8. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

Looks big, will be listening today

9. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

Some nice reggae / jungle notes to start the ride, bringing the energy up a notch or two at the end of the 32 bar loops in the first tune. Chipwork Splooshcore slides in for an almost switched mix, but the initial tune is brought back before going too far. Crazy footwork take on that Remarc tune! Hadn't heard the original, but that remix is pretty relentless before the more melodic breakdown and loss of vocal. Preferring this section of the tune to that vocal heavy section when the tune came in. Not too keen on the little rewind in there, but didn't sound too out of place. I Won't Blame You rmx bringing the Lana Del Rey-esque vocals was a treat, and something new to the ride so far to bless the ears. Lost My Love rmx came in 4 bars after the second drop of that Get Busy rmx, slightly throwing the structure of the mix out, with loops of 32 bars ect.

Gets pretty hectic with the footwork beats around Bright//Moon//Light rmx & Wildlife rmx, running slightly. Dark Sunrise rmx comes in somewhere in the wrong place as the vocals aren't sitting right with the vocals of the tune before..... vocals clashing in there too, and not keen on that rewind again. Nice on for putting Dark Sunrise rmx in your mix though. Kromestars take on that tune is wicked. Another crazy rewind in there through the middle of a loop really stood out. Wasn't feeling the minor switches around when Searching rmx was being mixed with Chekkmate. Analogue Steak rmx sounds wicked! Not heard that one before, and was mulling over picking up that original Moresounds EP with that on it the other day. The Flood rmx was quality. Loved the blend with Analogue Steak rmx & The Flood rmx. Got to be my favourite mix in there. The chopped up mix between The Flood rmx & Behest could have been tighter, and didn't like the rewind at the end of that..... let the mix play out man. Yesterday Tomorrow Today made a nice outro but could have let the tune just play out at the end instead of fiddling with the pitch / letting it wind down.

18 tunes in 36 mins is a wicked ratio of tunes to minutes. Recognised a few remixers in there from EAN, DLX, Kromestar, Danny Scrilla & Throwing Snow. But its nice to hear those bits mixed with slightly more obscure bits that I hadn't heard before, like that I Won't Blame You rmx, Wildlife & Chekkmate. For me, I wouldn't put 2 tunes by the same artist / remixer together, like CL Moons or Throwing Snow, just to spread the tunes out a bit. Didn't and won't take anything away from your mixing, which pretty top notch.

Mixcloud was being a ballache this morning. It stopped your mix about 8 times & had to refresh the page 3 times as it was fucking about. Every time around that I Won't Blame You rmx. Blah blah blah soundcloud over mixcloud rant over.

Your mix has made me want to get back on the Beats & Bass series earlier than expect again man ;) Would be cool if you could have a listen to my recent S Files mix and jot some thoughts

10. Karmic

Karmic New Member

Ok well first I should say I truly am honoured you took the time to critique my mix there. Thank you. To be honest, I've never heard anyone say so much about anything I have made so it's kind of humbling for me to hear/read! Totally agree with all your comments, though to me I haven't really memorised many of the tracks by name yet (I only downloaded them all an hour or so before I made the mix) so I just know it's off in certain parts. Now I can hear and know more clearly where I am going wrong.

It's a big help to hear someone pin-point the exact things which are wrong in there, because they're things I know but haven't been able to identify to myself in technical terms, you could say. I just know it's wrong and sounds awful in some parts. It's funny because with the 2 footwork mixes I've ever done the process is completely different to anything else I do. Just find a handful of tracks which I'm energised by, throw them all together and listen back. If I like it then post it. It's a dodgy way to work for someone at a novice level like I am I'll admit, but the last one I did had more attention than anything I've ever put out there before.

Not long ago I got into a real block creatively where I didn't want to mix, but also really wanted to, and realized my need for perfection was hindering me from doing anything and that was depressing. So to remedy it one day I decided to approach it in that way, the same as I'd been taught in art to just do it and not get caught up in every detail being right. That way I kind of decided to bite the bullet and just get myself going again. I've spent months on a couple of different dnb mixes which I just can't get right so in a way this is a much better way of doing things for me I guess.

Apologies for the essay but your post made me want to reply and acknowledge the time you took to critique my mixing. I was nervous to post it here because I know it's a serious dnb forum with a knowledgeable community, and when I listened back to the mix I knew it was bad but also liked and didn't think I could or really want to do it again and get caught up in getting right. So really I kind of was expecting it to get torn to shreds, which is sometimes what happens, instead people, yourself included, have been really cool here and that means the world. I really appreciate the compliment on my mixing because I've never played live or anything it's just a hobby because I love music ao much. It's a refreshing attitude from everyone and helps a novice build their confidence as a DJ.

I have downloaded your mix and will listen to it tonight, and will do my best to give you some decent feedback however I am not quite as adept at describing what is and isn't right with timing etc (obviously that's apparent from my mixing haha) but I know what sounds right and wrong!

Thanks again to yourself and the other peeps that replied to my post, I hugely appreciate and will check your stuff very soon!

Respect :)

11. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

^^^ Its no hassle Karmic. We are all here to help each other if possible.
    I've learned a lot from others on the forum with regard to EQ-ing and toning down the bass on mixes ect + as I've mentioned in other peoples threads, if a tracklist looks interesting, I'm happy to write some decent feedback on what I thought through the ride.

Also, a couple of instances the structure of your footwork mix went out slightly. Just remember there is 4 beats in a bar, and 32 bars in an AABA (or what me and a friend call a 'loop'). Count your tunes in, start the tune coming in on the first beat of the 32 bars and try to keep to this structure as most tunes are based round this, but there is always the odd tune that has a 16 bar loop or other odd section. Also found your EQ-ing to be pretty good in there too. Sorry if that sounded a bit like teaching to suck eggs.

I know what you mean with regard to having a creative block and at least one other person on here has said about feeling the same. Take some time out from dnb, listen to other types of music you like, listen to the radio, chill, do other things, maybe listen to another sub-genre of dnb that you like or might not normally listen to.... then when you return to what you like to mix, listen to and record, you may find that you listen to it in a different way or you might listen to different part of the tunes you weren't listen to before. Ez