Jungle culture fades:( (i think)

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by INTIKE, Oct 31, 2009.

1. INTIKE

INTIKE I've been naughty, I'm banned

Hi guys. Maybe this kind of thread is already here. if it is. delete it. i started up with listening jungle and DnB just nearly 3 years ago. i started to be intersted in this scene in the end of 2006. I am maniac to reading and knowing everything about i am interested in, and jungle and DnB was not exception :) i started as listener with a little nu skool stuff but i i honestly fell in love with this style with oldskool stuff. there was stuff like. LTJ bukem,Bizzy B, Goldie, Aphrodite, kemistry and storm, congo natty, shy FX, 4hero, Ed rush n┬┤optical, matrix,the konflict,bad company, and others... and now after years i am still looking for old/older prudction. back in 2006 as as newbie to jungle, i was listenig to nu skool DnB and old skool jungle and i compared them. and i already knew that time, that jungle is no more about what it used to be about. i kind of feel the beauty of these beatz is dying drasticly fast. :( i just wonder how can nowdays well known producers produce such a shit?? for exmaple i also like lot of liquid or glitch tracks. but you have to know how to make it without killing the feeling of Dnb genre. i just fuckin hate craps like danny byrd, pendulum new stuff(it is not even DnB!!) or subfocus... do you people consider this as true style in legacy of rave culture?? cause i think this is sound for roundabouts :p and it is totally loved by the young and dumb people which most of them listen it casue now it is IN. i vommit over nowdays parties... I am slovakian, so i saw the difference on the parties in my country. where you had great peple to talk and have fun with, and especially true FANS of this style. nowdays?? 14 year old are allowed to visit these parties and sorry, two things:14 year old should not even know what is XTC and so definitely not take it!!! yeah yeah many discussions about drug controverison of rave/eletronic events. and see a kid overdosed shivering on the floor is not a nice look. and i believe it is not slovakia┬┤s problem only the second thing: this is not about jungle anymore. this will not raise new generation of ravers, but new wave of teen junkies. just few of these kids will care about the true core ot the scene. the rest will not, but the drug abusse will stay. i personally took that shit in my mouth for first time pherhaps one year ago. just to try it. thw whole scene is turnin into something discusting. and wil die in few years. what a shame!!! junglists will turn into breakcore fans maybe. and that si how the rave might survive in underground. jungle stayed in the nineties that why it will never be that comercial as drum n bass. the beuty of drum n bass opposite jungle was, that DnB is able to take influence from all music in the world. jungle was not that flexible but it was way better in beat structure. i tryed to describe ma feelings about nowdays DnB as my english skills allows me. :) so take it as it is. gimme your minds and opinions about what a i tryed to write about in these few lines.

2. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Say what?! Are you the Polish version of 'Talk to Frank'?!

Kammy likes this.
  3. m0j0j0j0

m0j0j0j0 Gifted member

You sound like Borat - "i just wonder how can nowdays well known producers produce such a shit??"

But... saying that I prefer much of the older stuff to whats about these days and many a set from 93/94 will be on my mp3 at any given moment. So keep repping the old skool!

4. INTIKE

TALK TO FRANK?? WTF IS THAT :D ???

5. INTIKE

hmm dude i do not really know how borat speaks :p trying to insult me or what?? that movie was just fuckin borin so i just stoped it after 5 min. got no idea what you tryed to say. i did not want to sound like person who cares a lot of moral issues, i care of future of this sound... thats all.

6. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

Will read later.

7. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

wall of text made my eyes explode

8. OCR

OCR SB

Musics without creativity, always in the same stroke and Wonwownw Zuado?

9. grayvydnb

grayvydnb Member

music genres have to move on pal. ive been listening since 1994 so i know about jungle/dnb. im happy with the progression. and ive seen teens shivering on the floor at dances too. but do u think this is restricted to dnb? u gotta open your eyes mate cause some of the hardcore and house music events are full of them too, more so.
    producers produce what people buy or skank to, simple.
    raves are still packed.
    big raves are commin further north.
    its spreading worldwide.
    subfocus is cool.
    why the hate? u like old jungle? listen to it then. twat

10. ArguS

ArguS Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ahoj, please tell me more about slovakia's drum and bass scene... Geniuenly interested..

11. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

Noooo, most people buy stuff that u hear on the radio. real producers make what they feel!! and hopes anyone who feels the same towards what they make, buy there music and spreads the love.

its always nice to get money out of what u love doing, but the natural high of djing the music u truely love out with big names u admire supporting you and the crowd supporting you is what its all about.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  12. INTIKE

ahoj???? are you trully from UK??? :) well, what especially you wanna know??

13. ArguS

Yeah im from the UK... Everyone says ahoj.. Slovakians, Czech, Polish, Pirates, Sailors...
    I wanna know.. Who's big over there? B-Complex? What are the raves like there? Is there copious amounts of ecstacy? Do you have regular dnb nights? Is there any chance of falling asleep in a hostel and waking up being tortured?

14. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

Hahaha :D

15. Prospekt

Prospekt Active Member

Paragraphs are your friend.

16. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

Dont be scared of the Enter button...

17. INTIKE

Dude i am cool with jokes about hostel, but som other slovakians are not... so sorry but shut the fuck up, mate. everyone who believes that slovakia looks like that is a prick :) foreigners love slovakia... we have beatiful women(they might be deadly that is true, they can kill your feelings a bury your hopes ) and nature . slovkians who worked in UK were not that optimistic about british chicks. big here?? yeah the cunts i ve been writing about say that B comlex is big. but i fuckin hate him, ithink that he is a faggot and here we have way better producers than he is. XTC?? here yeah it is but it is all crappy stuff lately. METH is more common party stimulative drug in here.

there is few regular events which come once a month. a one or two specified clubs :p what actually fuckin sucks.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  18. demonicdnb

demonicdnb got duct-tape?

this. tho i do like most of the stuff being made today as far as dancefloor tracks go. but they are just that.... dancefloor tracks.
    and stuff like lynx/kemo - ltj - atlantic connection, all still get play in my i - pod. just not so much in the middle of a set.

oh, and "quoted" VVVVVVVV

19. ArguS

Dude... I know loads of slovakians and they dig the hostel jokes.. Its a movie for fucks sake.. You shouldn't say shut the fuck up either I consider that rude.. Also, you shouldn't suggest that I'm a prick, IT WAS A JOKE!
    I agree that there is alot of beautiful women in slovakia.. But no need to go talkin shit about English girls..
    I would like to hear some of the other slovakian producers, can you give me some names?.. I'm going to Slovakia soon thats why im curious. Im going there with the sole mission of chasing poon but any drum and bass would be a bonus.

edit- dude above me... that quote is fuckin hilarious!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    demonicdnb likes this.
  20. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Well a lot there, maybe should have been three threads, but concentrating on teh music bit. You have a fair point in some ways. There was more of a vibe back then, and a lot of new stuff is lacking much emotion. Thta said there are still classic tracks being made. A classic will always be a classic. People feel differnt today on a day to day, and maybe that is expressing the music. Also the technology has moved on, maybe cos everyone uses reason, there is less creativity, but I would have throught not.

As for your gobby shite attitude telling everyone to fuck off.... well they at least read your shitty thread and then bothered to respond. maybe if you carry on like a cock jock you'll be on the ignore lists of most regulars b4 ya know it. Just a thought ...failing that get a large cucumber and go fuck yourself :)