Jungle coming back you reckon?

When i used to really be into my sets and i mean really like rinsing a few every day, Nicky BM was one of, if not my fav DJ cz he used to spin loads of jungle, when dj's in the same event spun more modern tunes, obviously nicky spinning more jungle cz he is oldskool, but past few sets i've heard from him, its become more jump-up and less the oldskool beats he used to spin loads.

Was a bit gutted really

saw nicky bm last month and he played nothing but jump up, i was absolutely gutted. last time i saw him he played nothing but classic oldskool jungle and it was one of the best gigs ive been to.
remarcs the man for jungle sets though imo. he is my all time favourite dj/producer, everytime ive seen him he's been fucking awesome and played some sick tunes. ive been listening to a few of his live sets on golden era jungle and the man is a jungle don :not_worth

i hope it does as i wasn't aware of it when it was about b4 but i just started listening to it and i really like it!

with how much technology is about now compared to then i cant wait how it will come out!

Yea i want Random Concept to do another Jungle Concept cus that was siick.

Missed that one, most of Serum & Bladerunner's stuff ooze oldskool Dread style

Serum ft Bladerunner - Warriors - Zombie Recordings.. big Jungle influenced track coming soon.. And theres a Serum ft Northern Lights track called 'Lord Have Mercy on this tip.

Everyone is on a Jungle thing ent it, Original Sin has a few on the 'Grow Your Wings LP' im liking the 'R Bass' track aswell from OS, Jaydan Taxman and Subzero have one in there EPs aswell..

justa little heads up.. DJ SS - Black (Bladerunner VIP) will be dropping on Formation in the not too far off future!!

I do hope that is true. Loved the original but the remix so bad. Hits alot harder! I remember Randall ending with this @ ram. Rudeness!!!!

personally love a jungle beat over and aggressive jump up synth... with plenty of splashy hats to keep the two step march, but the jungalistical breaks to keep the pace! :D

I like junglistic beats when people try to make them from scratch.
I love amens but they have obviously become rinsed.

IMO the thing that makes it jungle is that the breaks are sampled. You might mess with them and layer them and all that but you'll probably find pretty much every jungle tune uses a sampled break

IMO the thing that makes it jungle is that the breaks are sampled. You might mess with them and layer them and all that but you'll probably find pretty much every jungle tune uses a sampled break

Exactly man, without the original breaks, Jungle wouldn't be jungle today

Plus, a bit of old sampled dirt just sounds wicked under the synthetics of a big processed kick and snare, wouldn't be the same without it

Back
Top Bottom