Jungle Breaks - Frequencies

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
Im gonna delve into the jungle side of tings today but was wondering what sort of snare, kick etc i should be aiming for and what sort of frequencies they hit at.

Any tips will be taken on board :)

Not too sure when it comes to jungle, my guess is it's lots of midrange.

Oh, and fuck me! You actually managed to convince the heirarchy to change you name lol! congrats! To be fair though, it wasnt just for the hell of it, you did have a legitamite argument against it lol!

hahaha yeah

im guessin im prob better off using my knowledge and experience to get the drums right. i mean, in the old days the drums were a bit poo werent they but these days im thinkin its gonna be the same as most dnb drums but different sounds.

basslines = sine waves ftw

I was wondering about the snares in jungle breaks like the typical amen kind of snare... I reckon it hits peaks higher than 200 which is different to regular dnb drums but I dont know where exactly it should peak, maybe 300ish?

this discussion its not very relevant. what frequencies? take a classic break and pitch it up until the bpm is right. or cut it up or timestretch it to taste, there is your frequency. its like discussing compressor settings in general, it doesnt apply unless you say a specific sound and compressor.

Yeah true 300 does seem a bit high, maybe it is booming at around 200 in the low end then, the snap and character which makes a jungle sounding snare must just lie with its high end.

jungle isnt really about kick and snare weight though. there are tunes with mad pressure in the kick and snare region but generally jungle isnt so much about that. in my opinion of course.

this discussion its not very relevant. what frequencies? take a classic break and pitch it up until the bpm is right. or cut it up or timestretch it to taste, there is your frequency. its like discussing compressor settings in general, it doesnt apply unless you say a specific sound and compressor.

thats the easy way.. i like to make my own breaks

as in youre going to get on the drumkit and rock out then sample that or youre just going to program single hits? just joking. its worth mentioning that you intend on doing jungle but program all the drums from scratch. there are examples of this but it is pretty rare. its a really cool sound. but i think my point still stands, in drum and bass people like to boost 200 hz on the snare, this is well known, but its perhaps not so important in jungle.

Back
Top Bottom