Jungle Beat Battles No.15

Fluff

VIP Junglist
The Jungle Beat Battles group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/882360128476602/) has been a bit quiet over the last few months but I’m hoping this new competition will encourage people to fire up their DAW, Tracker or Hardware and get involved.

I’ve chosen a theme of ‘93/’94 style atmospheric or darkside D&B (including Jungle Techno).
Think along the lines of tracks that came out on Legend Records, early Good Looking, Basement Records and Creative Wax. Rolling or chopped breaks that break down into a blissful pad breakdown before the sub-bass drops. Or dark eerie strings over distorted amen breaks with horror film samples and twisted stab sounds. Or maybe a mixture of light and dark..

Something like

or maybe

or

or

The sample pack contains some of the classic samples from that period along with a few obscure or bespoke ones and are the only sounds allowed except for vocals or spoken word samples.
Sample Pack here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/qdscr9hefgla9s7/JBB15.zip

Tracks should be between 140 and 170bpm.

Entries for the battle should be posted below.
Closing date is 2359hrs on the 30th of June 2017 (this date is fixed)
The winner will be decided by a vote. A separate voting post will be created and voting is by clicking on the ‘Like’ button for your favoured tracks. Each person can vote twice and not for their own track. The voting will close on the 7th of July 2017. The winner will be the track with the most votes.

Last edited:
You get summin down @SteveR94 mines is shit so not subbing this time. I need more than one night...

Although my knowledge of arpeggiators and use in hard-core has increased somewhat.

Sweet Fluff I'll get a vote in ther. Thanks again for shedding light on this group.

The voting closes at 2100 GMT tomorrow (Friday 7th July) so if you haven't already get your vote in! :2thumbs:

The winner has been declared and the next competition (#16) has kicked off for those interested
cool i want to have a go at this.
i messed it last time.
one problem, i don’t have Facebook and i don't plan on getting it either. is that the only way i can enter?

Back
Top Bottom