Jungle Bass?

GoldenGinge

Right so I normally make liquid but recently I've been wanting to try my hand at Jungle.

I'm not good with synths at all I never use them but I want to know how to make a fat sounding jungle bass thats heard in a few songs

I wanna know how to get those nice wobbles in there

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% sure. But a good way of getting an old school jungle wobble is to make a nice sine sub in your synth of choice. Now press a minor note, and a major that's directly next to it, (so c and c# for example) and apply pitch bend on the end of notes.

dont use synths for jungle.....use different subs layered......distortion, reverb and eq it to suit.

last one is a simple sub with a pitch bend at the start of the bar and i think you could make the rising synth with 2 squares detuned slightly... play with the attack on the amp and intensity of the OSC'laters

think realstuff is close to the harvest one will need.... then just have the same (sine) sub patch but just have the mids and maybe distort it very slightly for a bit of the tone...

May be completeyly wrong, but that's where I'd start off...!

try using an 808 kick with short attack, full sustain and long release then add some light distortion and lfo filter or chorus...

well die and breaks bass is anyones guess but harvests tune could be a looped 808 kick, detuned (layer it with itself, change the pitch on one by just a few cents) and then play a riff in mono and slide or portamento or legato or whats it called, that can acheive a similar effect i think

Word thanks for the help guys. I'm really sure how to add a pitch bend at the end of a note instead of the start I'll have to look into it.

That bass was two sines in ES2 detuned with a send to a high passed bitcrush, nothing much else just nice and simple

That bass was two sines in ES2 detuned with a send to a high passed bitcrush, nothing much else just nice and simple

big up dude thanks. That's cool that there isn't a lot of programming to get that really fat sound. Never do any synth work but wanna start learning my way around them.

Back
Top Bottom