Junge/drum n bass/dirty bass

nice clean drum work (y)
bass is to funky (maybe some distortion will do the work)

nice synth 2
big up

work work and work :alchy:

cheers man, input much appreciated, its my first time messing around with synths - using the novation v station and bass station. What do you use? Got any links to your tunes???? When you say add a bit of distortion - do you mean on the sub or one the mid bassline? Coz the bassline is pretty much all distortion i think.

Cheers,

In abit

Luke

nowwhichway said:
cheers man, input much appreciated, its my first time messing around with synths - using the novation v station and bass station. What do you use? Got any links to your tunes???? When you say add a bit of distortion - do you mean on the sub or one the mid bassline? Coz the bassline is pretty much all distortion i think.

Cheers,

In abit

Luke
yeahh i use FL5.5
cool edit 2.2
absynth 3

here is the latest work

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=21024 :who_wants

easy guys, I can see a load of you have checked out the tune - send me links to your stuff so i can give you guys some feedback so im not giving anything back!!!!!

;)

Cheers

Luke

Like the melody riff - sound nice, maybe you could turn that into the bassline? The beat sounds okay but maybe give it some more variation? Thats just my personal preference though, im into squarepusher and all that stuff so i like the beats to sound like theyr all over the place. Its definitly got a nice feel to it, not too dark but dark enough - get it finished man!!!:)

Luke

Ez Spyfrom,

Just downloaded your tunage and rad the thread you had going, I disagree that the start is too simplistic - its just a nice simple teaser. I do think the kick drum has a bit too much distortion on it though, like the techy feel - im not into it as much as jungle but i think it can sound cool. The bassline you've got going on sounds sweet (is it a reece?) - maybe get some phat distorted amens going on in little snippets just to keep the adrenaline going?

Safe

Luke

Agreed with everyone else the drums are tight you've got some nice breaks within the track & alot of places to drop new tunes if your mixing. I'm not sure about the synths they don't relly seem to go anywhere if I'm honest I think they slow the track down to quite a minimal approach & restrict the tune evolving into anything mor than a down-tempo number. Not sure if that's what u were intending, as always hope this is helpful just some constructive critiscm..

cheers man, liked the honest feedback - first time with synths iv chopping basslines and bits of riffs out of other tunes before that one so im new to the whole synth thing. Got quite excited about the noises i could make so just kind of rammed what i thought went. I'd definitly say the breaks side is my strong point but using the synths was pretty confusing. I know what you mean about the main synth though - it does make it feel slower. Any advice for working with them?? Im also looking for a thread which gives me info about compressing the various elements of a track if you know of one.

send me a link to you tunes so i can check em out :)

Cheers again

Luke

I really like the minimalistic feel to the whole track. I think that it's become too much of a trend to over process and over program the drums/rhythm.

The drums are nice and clean too, they sound great on my speakers.:cowbell:

I'm not sure what you were going for with the bass, that kind of techy synth sound is great, not quite at that deep growl, it's nice.

Back
Top Bottom