June Miller sign exclusively to RAM

saying about the deeper sound they HAD, why had? just dont like the negativity on here to pretty much every ram release

Say what you like but only Ram will give them great PR like this..

it’s the moment in a B-movie horror where the cute college girls split up in the woods to find their way home.

&

It’s a run through the fog on a mystical winter’s morning when you really should be in bed.

&

It’s a white knuckle ride on a rickety ghost train.

That's just what I look for in a drum track!

Last edited:
saying about the deeper sound they HAD, why had? just dont like the negativity on here to pretty much every ram release

Maybe allow me to explain my message in context,

I didn't say they wont write more deep music, but I dont think I am wrong in saying that you can only spend so much time producing, and time spent writing dancefloor material is time spent thats not writing music thats to MY silly old taste buds, (boo hoo!!) which obviously if i had it my way, would be their soul output! :) I am not wrong to say that june miller have moved in a dancefloor direction over the last year or 2, fine that doesn't mean they aren't going to write any more music which i will absolutely love, im sure they will, but I most probably wont be enjoying a greater deal of what they are writing now. If we are take the message here which is 'Here we are, we are on RAM, and this is the shape of things to come' Which is an impression that this release has when it coincides with the big news. Its a hunch, based on this and a couple of other releases. Im not jumping a gun, i'm having an impression, my thoughts as I react, In quite a calm manner. But yes you are right, I probably should not have posted my thoughts, but they are certainly not amongst the most negative in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

That release is complete shit, sounds just like a million other tunes. If this is what their output is going to be like now then I've lost all interest.

Shame as they were one of the few recent D&B artists who actually made memorable music.

This is an example of negativity.

Also I used the word 'had' because it is in past tense, as in you have 'had' these releases.

cmon guys...

Andy: Hi June Miller i really like your tracks and would like to sign you to Ram
JM: yeah sure sounds great thanks!
Andy: one thing tho, you've gotta change your style to fit in with the rest of the label or we wont sign you

sounds about right?

no

Your right. Probably more like..

JM: So we've got this track we really want to put out.
Andy: Hmm.. doesn't really fit the label's sound.

Last edited:
How is this dissapointing? From Autumn To Ashes is a seriously sick tune, the other one i'm not so fond of but it's still 100% June Miller. They've literally just signed and some of you are already talking about the sound they "had" :rolleyes:

edit:

also this
i'm still waiting for misfits with nymfo

any info?

sorry danwell for writing you half an essay, i know what you mean anyway man. peace!

Maybe allow me to explain my message in context,

I didn't say they wont write more deep music, but I dont think I am wrong in saying that you can only spend so much time producing, and time spent writing dancefloor material is time spent thats not writing music thats to MY silly old taste buds, (boo hoo!!) which obviously if i had it my way, would be their soul output! :) I am not wrong to say that june miller have moved in a dancefloor direction over the last year or 2, fine that doesn't mean they aren't going to write any more music which i will absolutely love, im sure they will, but I most probably wont be enjoying a greater deal of what they are writing now. If we are take the message here which is 'Here we are, we are on RAM, and this is the shape of things to come' Which is an impression that this release has when it coincides with the big news. Its a hunch, based on this and a couple of other releases. Im not jumping a gun, i'm having an impression, my thoughts as I react, In quite a calm manner. But yes you are right, I probably should not have posted my thoughts, but they are certainly not amongst the most negative in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

This is an example of negativity.

Also I used the word 'had' because it is in past tense, as in you have 'had' these releases.
fair enough mate, each to their own, just pisses me off when people say OH THAT TUNE IS COMING OUT ON RAM, NOT A FAN OF THEIRS ANYMORE - which is the vibe i get from a lot of the posts in here

i highly doubt producers with such a defined sound would change for a label. good luck and well done to them. great release.
I have to disagree with you on this one - JM don't have a 'defined sound', they have done a huge range of tunes over the last few years. In fact they would be one of the harder production groups to ID I think...

look at these:

their production is ridiculously varied IMO. Not sure about the signing to RAM - in fast I'm never sure about any artist signing EXCLUSIVELY to a label - not that I think that their style would be changed, but the filter on their output may make them become 'samey'. You think Brave Man would come out on Ram? FORGETABOUTIT

Last edited by a moderator:
Am pleased for them, if thats where they want to go.
From Autumn To Ashes has been growing on me all day & only listen about 3 times or so. Not a fan of Change.
Both tunes aren't the archetypal Ram sound of recent months, but that is a good thing in my eyes.

Hope better is yet to come

Gonna have to weigh in on this.

First of not a fan at all of the single, regardless of whether it came out on Ram, Critical whatev, plenty other JM tunes I haven't really enjoyed. On the other hand hugely happy for June Miller, they've supplied plenty grade A tunes and it's nice to see a bit of success and a stable future for them as music producers. Also at the end of the day June Miller don't really owe anyone anything.

June Miller having a defined sound? Go listen to their back catalogue. Half Top Feelings, Give Up The Ghost, Lowlands then compare Killswitch engage and Modulations stuff. Probably the widest range of sounds out nearly any dnb producers.

Whether you like it or not music labels, even dnb ones, are businesses who's primary purpose is to make money. To think that labels don't target certain types of sounds at certain demographics would just be stupid. Let's take Metrik's signing to Hospital for example. Do you really think Chris Goss/Tony Colman are sitting at Hospital and saying you know what Metrik makes really emotive music that reminds of early 2000s liquid funk? No they are thinking hey this Metrik guy is making well produced, lowest common denominator "dancefloor bangers" which will probably sell by the fucking boat load. Labels maybe don't demand that an artist writes in a specific style outright but the fact they are in charge overall of the labels output pretty means they don't have to say so explicitly they just won't release certain stuff.

DJ Fresh isn't making his pop dnb thinking "wow Im making music with the greatest of integrity that really speaks of my core love for dnb" he's thinking "wow im making more money now than any other point in my life"

I must stress there's nothing wrong with this but that's the way it is.

Let the music do the talking before you sack it off peeps. I'm looking forward to hearing JM's further output.

They do Nude Era, they do!!

You don't understand what it's like!

YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN!!!!!!!

:mrpanic:

Show me on the doll where the label touched you...

Back
Top Bottom