June Miller - Chain of Strength / Last Night on Earth - RAM

TheNitwits

VIP Junglist
ramm189%20packshot%202400x2400%20(2).jpg

Sampler for their new album

Sprinting at an incredible speed, June Miller are inevitably coming closer to their debut album. With seven more days until this conundrum of genre cross-pollination and production ingenuity is unleashed, here’s a small appetiser to prepare yourself for an eclipse, caused by June Miller’s vast capabilities.

‘Chain of Strength’ is an introduction which hits you with wave after wave of seismic bass-driven impact. Lead unsuspectingly from a lulling piano intro, straight through a chasm of smashing, hardcore-reminiscent percussion and driving drums, it proves the duo’s endless versatility. Alongside a building break that literally pulses with anticipation, that first drop leaves you free-falling into an explosion of tightly intricate composition. A complete sensory overload, it sets a standard matched by their new material.

Then comes ‘Last Night on Earth’, creepy and gradually building tension with an instantly-recognisable sample of cinematic proportions. Both tracks are equally unstoppable, not leaving you time to breathe and carrying across an ocean of sound which is relentless. Amongst the ghost-like, clashing swords and almost untenable intensity, you’re pulled through loops of incessant hi-hats, amongst palpitation-inducing drum patterns.

A single that embodies the peak of any weekend set, here’s the marker for June Miller’s meteoric rise. After merging some of the darkest European styles, as well as smashing genre prototypes and incorporating drum & bass’ core production, the duo are switching up the game onto its next level.

drum & basschain of strengthram records
Released by:
Ram Records
Release date:
14 June 2015

Last edited:
I like Last Night on Earth although it has huge influences from Mefjus from what I hear.

Chain of Strength is okay, the intro is nice but then it's just standard Neuro business.

Am not into Chain of Strength at all, but Last Night of Earth has me - very reluctantly - brocking out in my chair.

Yeh both of them are wicked in their own right, much prefer this to their last release. The shaker on Last Day On Earth is gully!
Very excited to see what the album is like, hopefully there are a few liquid bits like Brave Man!

Back
Top Bottom