DnB JumpUp-Wobble/Bassline

Matte_van_Optix

Hey you,

I'm producing just recently (with Ableton) and I prefer the clear Jump Up like Konichi, Decimal Bass, Levela, Hoogs, etc..

In my opinion Drumbeat is definitely something different from the usual one but it isn't the problem. These wobbles are the problem - Does anyone have any idea how I can make this sound the best? Ideas? Suggestions? Or with which plugin, etc?

If you dont know the sound of Konichi, check out his tunes http://soundcloud.com/scott24

Thanks in advance :zest:

I don't know the guys you mentioned except levela... I make a bit of jump-up dnb that sounds kinda like Dub Zero... so maybe I can help you with the wobblem bassline if you'd like to?

I always thought wobble meant an lfo type sound. that kinda goes wah wah wah. I checked out Konichi and it doesn't sound like normal lfo wobble music. Def doing some serious resampling and innovative things with his mid bass sounds. I would start with learning how to make bass sounds first. Its and art, if you already know how to make those sounds then start bouncing down sections of mid bass that you modulated and start cutting them up. That's what it sounds like to me anyway. Sounds like he has some analog equipment for the mid bass, some of those sounds sound like a patch. there are tons of good tutorials for resampling bass on youtube, but I can't post links yet so try looking for bass resampling tutorial. HumanWorkshopOffices is a real good one. Mostly neuro type stuff but can be applied in any genre imo. GL

thank you thank you thank you, that helps me already much - if there are even more tips then please write :D
Okay so umm... I usually make the wobbles using square waves on Ableton Live's Operator, either two and detuned or just one oscillator on. then turned on the spread on the right and turned on the filter part. Then I group the Operator and on Operator's filter, I assigned the freq knob to a macro. Then I draw the modulation of the filter on a midi clip... sorry if there's some mistake, I wrote this by memorizing...

[EDIT] I forgot, also turn the resonance knob on filter part a bit... like 2 or 5...

Last edited:
I don't know the guys you mentioned except levela... I make a bit of jump-up dnb that sounds kinda like Dub Zero... so maybe I can help you with the wobblem bassline if you'd like to?

YO if u can show me how to make sounds like dub zero or dub motion id be so greatfull well into that but dont now how to design it ??

I hate to say it but what i found most sufficient is searching up on youtube dirty wobble bass (theres thousands of tutorials) in massive and re create it your self. I use massive because almost any sound in the world is possible to recreate, even R2D2. Once you have a decent wobble sound you can minipulate it how ever you please (this is how i learnt synthesis) leaving your self with a wobble like noise that compliments jump up nicely. (A bit of side chain on top gives it an extra flare)

a lot of jump up producers focus on the resampling, heavily processing and repeating concept. It takes a lot of time to get the groove of a drum to glue in with a bass, especially wobble basses etc

Back
Top Bottom