Jump Up

Mr_Whitty

What is your opinion of jump up this year?

I haven't really been a huge fan as it all sounds so similar, and sounds like the producers just recycle their own sounds.

Thoughts?

I haven't really been a huge fan as it all sounds so similar, and sounds like the producers just recycle their own sounds.

as with every other year jump-up's been around?

inb4 50 page thread...i like jump up...in moderation

Maybe it's just my age! I'm loving the tech/liquid sounds more than ever, and i've always followed that side of the scene!

Arghhh, this year has been pretty sub standard really i reckon. I do love a bit of jump up, every now and then i'll get a craving for it and spend 3 hours on the decks rinsing the classics, very rarely listen to recent jump up though.

I think jump-up is more alive than couple of years ago. There are alot of upcoming producers with their very own unique sounds and styles.

On the otherhand , there is also alot of crap jump-up. But, there's also alot of crap dubstep. And crap rock. So...

Havn't bothered to listen to it at all really this year. Grabbed the occasional bit, only really from Sub Zero, OS's Move EP and new Hazard, thats about it though. Too much of a mission finding new jump up producers as there is so much bollocks to sift through, so i gave up with it essentially

Good dnb is good dnb, jump up falls under the category of dnb, so if its good I'll play it. Loads of good stuff this year, check all Tyke material

Original Sin - Mad World EP
Konichi - Tools of The Trade EP
Sub Zero - Bi-Polar EP
Hazard - Never The Same EP
Taxman - Cool it Judy / Megadeth
Decimal Bass - Foundation

My top picks of this year on the jump up flex, heck even Break - Rare Earth was on the jump up tip.

Sent from Andy C's trucker hat using Tapatalk.

Konichi this year

literally

banger after banger

too many tunes to mention

pretty much this and never the same ep. need time tripping too.

the thing with konichi tunes its they are easy to mix with heavy steppy tunes which makes them diverse imo

Back
Top Bottom