jump up synths

AstarrDnB

right before any of you start having a go at me for like jump up just dont. i like jump up and i also likeall the other types of dnb but jump up is my fav as it is just what is quite popular where i live (and just in uk in general)
so my question is how do i go about getting synths like these.

or something along those lines. i just need something to go off really. i am using massive, any replys would be great

dealer just sounds like a massive osc with one of the mod oscs set, maybe phase at up 24 semis, couldnt tell you the exact setting but i will bet money that they both used massive to get the sounds, nearly all jump up and bassline is just the right combination in massive. with some processing like saturation, eq boost the like 1-2k and maybe 12k for presence, can sometimes hear multi band distortion being used, like ohimicide, i use it on 90% of all bass even if its subtle

dealer just sounds like a massive osc with one of the mod oscs set, maybe phase at up 24 semis, couldnt tell you the exact setting but i will bet money that they both used massive to get the sounds, nearly all jump up and bassline is just the right combination in massive. with some processing like saturation, eq boost the like 1-2k and maybe 12k for presence, can sometimes hear multi band distortion being used, like ohimicide, i use it on 90% of all bass even if its subtle

thanks for the reply ill give this a go, i have ohmicide but dont have a clue how to use it and when ever i do it just sounds shit haha

thanks for the reply ill give this a go, i have ohmicide but dont have a clue how to use it and when ever i do it just sounds shit haha
took me a while to learn it but once you know what settings work, like you have 'standard' 'xxx' and 'odd' distortion waveforms, the 'odd' 'chastity belt' works really well when the band is from like 500hz to 3K, some of the forms sound exactly the same but i think they work better on different frequencies. Think of the bands as whats happening within the sound, band 1 will be sub up to 100hz, the band 2 does the rez and low end up to 400, then band 3 the mids up to 3k and band 4 so on, this is just a guideline sometimes i have band 3 bypass 4 and sometimes the base sound is just low end so you need to adjust it. the phat and sharp just below the band can sometimes increase more sub with the right setting. remember to adjust the trim (top left) and output (right) accordingly cause when you add more processing after it youl want the sound to not be in the red when you do

I know K motionz uses an external synth to shape those synths, I'm guessing something like a virus, etc. Goes back and does a lot of post imaging and saturation to get them at those loud peaks.

I know K motionz uses an external synth to shape those synths, I'm guessing something like a virus, etc. Goes back and does a lot of post imaging and saturation to get them at those loud peaks.
wow i feel like a dick head for asking but whats an external synth?

Id like to know where you heard that. You mean he actually creates bass in a virus? I have a virus and tbf its not great for making dnb in, compared to just using massive or fm8 you can get sound in a fraction of the time and shape it much easier

Back
Top Bottom