Jump up sounds, Really have no idea how

Discussion in 'Production' started by BLoodstaiN`, Oct 13, 2010.

1. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

I decided few days ago to just go for Jump up, because a lot of people tell me i try to mix different subgenres which is not good, even it was not my intent, So i'm going for this dirty jump up sound. I've made a sound already, which i like pretty much, but i'd like to know how to make some typical jump up sounds. like in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLIgSo7VExo

In the drop you hear like,
    Waw waw waw wow, don't know how to name it but i call it a distorted Computer voice. that's what comes up to me if i hear them.
    Those are 2 different sounds, and i'd like to know how each of them is made. any tips are welcome.
    Would be highly appreciated.

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Do you still use FL?

If so, just go to youtube and type in Sytrus jump up tutorial, it'll show you how to make a jump up bass using FL's Sytrus synth.

If you click the link in my sig and listen to my top track called "Where's ya Tool". I made that bass sound using Sytrus, although I done it slightly different to the tutorials.

3. IbbyDnB

IbbyDnB Member

well just at a guess id say youd maybe need 2 square waves an octave apart with some bit crushing, then play with the ADSR and filter envelope, and bit crusher settings til you get something nice. for ADSR is say quick attack decay about 1/4 sustain a little lower and bit a of realse but not too much, then youd need some attack on your filter envelope, a fair bit but just play around with the amp and filter ADSR env til your happy. hope it helps!

4. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

Thanks for the replies, still, more are welcome ;D

5. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I have a suggestion. Make whatever you want mate! If you want to make some cross sub-genre hybrid shit then go for it.

6. 1aoone1

1aoone1 New Member

just make a simple wobble with a saw (or any other wave for that matter) and use a bitcrush filter, alot of jump up tune use this style bass