Jump up scene and basic grammar...

Unfair to single out jump up. Written skills are awful right across the board.

Count the number of times you see people typing 'myself' instead of 'me'.

Catch Fucknuckle MC and myself on NoListenersRinseout FM

A new mix from myself...

etc

I wonder how many people would tune in if correct grammar was being used:

"Catch Fucknuckle MC & I on NoListenersRinseout FM"

It's "me" actually, BMT had it - the way you tell is you take out the first noun and see if it works. "Catch I on NoListenersRinseout" vs "Catch me on NoListenersRinseout"

Probs like tenfold gains in listeners... at least. That's how BMT got big :pimp:

Catch Fucknuckle MC and myself on NoListenersRinseout FM

etc

I geniunely LOL'd!!

- - - Updated - - -

(alongside tacky flyers)

Guess the year?

10171075_10152335675263419_1274015722349401793_n.jpg

I sometimes wonder whether people are paying attention during English lessons. Facebook and youtube comments make me want to cry sometimes

Personally I think this just shows how bad grammar is across the board. I think the problem is somewhat exacerbated in the jump up scene, but that's delving into stereotypes that will cause shit storms.

I'm fairly sure a lot of it is to fit with the slang and words that are used within the genre. The post I saw the other day about everyone in the drum & bass scene calling each other 'Sir' is a good example of this. Though clearly saying "lizten to mi sik jump up mix PUREE BANGAS" might not quite have the desired effect outside of somewhat niche circles..

*desperately hopes grammar was correct*

This is the only forum i frequent where people even give a fuck. You lot sound like such a bunch of wankers.

Getting snotty about grammar is part of class hatred IMO. Damn those poors and their awful syntax/spelling.
Nah m80 potato. I knew someone would say this.

I've got a lot of time for jump up but it's a pisstake when I'm trying to read the info on a Facebook event page. I can't even figure out who's on the bill, where it's at or where to buy tixs because it's usally filled with unnecessary caps and lowercase b2b ★★★★

Plain, short and simple >>>>>

Back
Top Bottom