DnB Jump Up, Melody, Dance, Pogo

Czyku

Hi everyone!
I have a problem with producing thats style of dnb like Macky Gee. But my tracks havent power, drums get me to jump and something but not that like Macky tracks. My Melody line is poor, bass dont give me
goose-flesh. What i bad doo? i Try reproduce a melody in Massive but every time dont comes to me like Macky sound. I dont wanna copy but i want fell a power.
Someone can give me a structure if someone know of Like Macky Gee Sound producing? I mean , sub 20-50hz , kick 50-80 hz etc. or massive tutorial? - in forum i dont find nothing about that bassline, and in google too.

and my :

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres, loads you could do to this tune, but lets be honest. how much are you gonna be willing to do? . .
The only half decent thing I could say is, "dont eat up so much of the tune with unused Freqs." Essentially you need to master the track a little better but when you get to the stage your at with this tune it becomes a little tedious and laborious (for me anyway)

The Vibe is sick, the changes in tune are good on the 16th and 32nd, Just give your self more space in the mix for the main features of the drums and mid bassline.

Loads of mastering/massive videos online... One last thing, Manipulating Massive or any other synth is easier than you think, (try do little work to the massive and more work to the sound after its bounced out as audio) . . . Hope that helps in some way.

Peace! :D :D :D

Yup but i know a time and practice is needed to do better sounds, but whatever i do is or no power or no good melodic. I dont wanna cheat myself, i fell is something wrong but i dont know what :P is the mix? i think no beacuse the sound in arangment must kick in head and will good. If i do nice melody then mix havent power etc. etc.
And when i listen Macky or other tunes, feel my tune really stands up. But when i Producing i think is everything all right :Q
Its really happening from good master and mix? that quality and everything like Macky? - Tune in first post are not loud, is space etc. but when i try do space etc, little decay etc. My Track is going to bin, beacuse is sucks :D

I was inspired one topic from there forum for use a 20-50 hz of sub, i never used Subs lowest then 30, and i try used all freq. Check :

Melodic content is there, Flow is good, human ear can hear 20 to 20,000 Hz so keep doing that, just needs a mix/master in my opinion. Read some mastering hints & tips.

A good mix means the difference between a good track and a Amazing track, mastering comes later and is probably best to give to someone else to do as your ears tend to get bias after listening to it for such a long time.

distortion and layering sounds with themselves are going to give them more presence and body and "power", just don't overdo it

in its simplest form

original sound from massive -> low pass filter, very little distortion/fx
(either split or copied two times)
original sound from massive -> low pass+high pass or bandpass -> bit more distortion, maybe some chorus, stereo widening, whatever tickles your fancy
Original sound form massive -> high pass+ even more distortion and whatever fx you fancy, go nuts

bus all 3 sounds together and whack a compressor on there, you could sidechain the kick just to the lowpass layer and the snare just to the middle layer but I believe that jump up has these really loud drums that it really doesn't matter

distortion and layering sounds with themselves are going to give them more presence and body and "power", just don't overdo it

in its simplest form

original sound from massive -> low pass filter, very little distortion/fx
(either split or copied two times)
original sound from massive -> low pass+high pass or bandpass -> bit more distortion, maybe some chorus, stereo widening, whatever tickles your fancy
Original sound form massive -> high pass+ even more distortion and whatever fx you fancy, go nuts

bus all 3 sounds together and whack a compressor on there, you could sidechain the kick just to the lowpass layer and the snare just to the middle layer but I believe that jump up has these really loud drums that it really doesn't matter

This is all truth! refreshing.

Thx dude !
But orginal sound from massive u mean orginal what i wanna do a sound ? With LFO, Envelopes etc ? and later filter in massive or in daw mixer?

I understend it so.. Open massive, do nice sound, do two copy and layer it and do what u written?

Summing, do one bass in massive and clone 2x time and do Filtering it on Low , Mid, High hz? Only all another Distortion and fx?

Second quesrion, u think In thats tune Macky Bad Day in my first post is LFO or only draw in Piano roll?

I'm only starting out myself but what i would say about yours is that the vocal sample is really overused, thats what kinda put me off a bit.

Back
Top Bottom