JUMP UP HELP

Grikkn

I fucking love this song, it's mos def the kind of jump up I want to make BUT HOW TO START?

MENACING METHODZ - DEATH BY STEREO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cy8nO3WMy0

I'm getting familiar with Reason 5, but still I don't have an idea on how to make these kinds of sounds.

Love the main synth, but also the uplifting ( build-up ) synth is awesome.

Would be great if you could help me out with making jump-up drum and bass in general and more specifique in Reason. Tried the 7 day tutorial on jump up but damn that tutorial is so shitty and liquid...

BIG LOVE TO ALL WHO HELP ME OUT !

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.

Just saying

Feel dat.

And why people come here with a tune and ask where to start. JUST START GODDAMNIT AND MAKE SOMETHING OWN!

bruv! for begginin' just try to make the little bit "same" sounds! but try not to copy other style, all you need is to understand algorithms and "rules"... you know m8, most producers dt know for sure how they do this or that sound, it all comes with experience..

patience > desire to learn > experience > enough time for your production

(yn)

Not if you want to make money...

Fair point.

But if making money off imitating others is the main drive for your creativity, you wills soon run in to trouble.

Plus this wouldn't really be the right forum for someone with that outlook. There isn't that much money in DnB.

Don't get me wrong. I don't intend to become famous, make money or copy a style.
I have a 'passion' for jump up and the main purpose is to make tracks I enjoy myself and maybe my friends.

I thought people would help someone out who is very driven and passionate, but no sadly I have noticed the dubstep/dnb scene is more into whining than helping eachother out. ( Don't start whining like on youtube plz xd )

I only added this song so you guys have an idea which direction I wanna go. It's not because I'm interested in a song or bassline that I'm going to copy it :)

Originality is in your own hands..

Don't get me wrong. I don't intend to become famous, make money or copy a style.
I have a 'passion' for jump up and the main purpose is to make tracks I enjoy myself and maybe my friends.

I thought people would help someone out who is very driven and passionate, but no sadly I have noticed the dubstep/dnb scene is more into whining than helping eachother out. ( Don't start whining like on youtube plz xd )

I only added this song so you guys have an idea which direction I wanna go. It's not because I'm interested in a song or bassline that I'm going to copy it :)

check out boyinaband tutorials on youtube......think that'll help you a lot.

by the way the production of DnB is the real point, this kind of work cant'b your source of income... just a hobby that allows you to realize your creative ideas and bring variety to life... of course if you are not a label holder or dedicate to this business & self promotion most of your time

Agree, for the majority, production is meerly a hobby/marketing tool for getting dj gigs. If you have a few bangers floating around that people are talking about, it helps you get bookings which = Cash monies!

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Fair enough, I may have confused you with one of the millions of the "how can I make my base sound like Skrylex" type.

What I would suggest you look into is choping and layering breaks... Then you need to learn how to operate the synth's in reason and how to automate and modulate LFO's etc...

Much love.

Last edited:
It's not because I'm interested in a song or bassline that I'm going to copy it :) Originality is in your own hands..

to find true freedom and space in your creative ideas & inspiration, you need to learn hard, and real you need to copy other sounds, others bass, cause until you learn to copy someone else's sound, you could not learn how to create your own. it is checked m8 =))

Back
Top Bottom