Jump Up Artists & Jump Up Advice

GoldenGinge

Yo what's up? I normally DJ liquid so it's all nice and laid back time to mix and shit.

But I'm wanting to start spinning some Jump Up as well. But I ain't really in the know for jump up so I was wondering if you could hit me up with some classic tunes and artists as well as any tips for mixing jump up?

Subfocus, camo & crooked,chase & status,culture shock,delta heavy,dirty phonics,dj fresh,Hamilton,shock one.

I hope that helped mate?

either the above ^

or artists like Logan D, Sly, Guv, Pleasure, Origin, Majistrate, Tantrum Desire, Konichi, Hazard, Decimal Bass, Jayline, Jaydan, Taxman, Original Sin

depends what youre wanting

Callide, Surpreme Being, Tyke, Cabbie, Dub Zero, ShuFunk, Sub Zero, Renegade, Dub Peddla, Serjahnine, Yatz, Eski B .... Whats been posted above & here should find you some good tunes...

Nice 1 even more artists to check out. What about DJing? DJing jump up looks pretty daunting. Theres a fuck tonne of rewinds and different type of drums. Such as I know Guvs drum are very bouncy and that. Any tips for spinning it?

Nice 1 even more artists to check out. What about DJing? DJing jump up looks pretty daunting. Theres a fuck tonne of rewinds and different type of drums. Such as I know Guvs drum are very bouncy and that. Any tips for spinning it?

with the more underground jumpup like Guv its probably half about just mixing the intro of the tune then letting it drop by itself instead of letting the first tune play under it, but you can still do it, mixing a big bassy roller or a tune with more low end wobbles over a tune with a lot of midrange can sound sick

There isn't really any good djing in jump up, its just all selection. No real skill, hardly any mixing. And you get your Sly and Grooverider who really can't spin at all.

There isn't really any good djing in jump up, its just all selection. No real skill, hardly any mixing. And you get your Sly and Grooverider who really can't spin at all.

are serious? i pretty much only mix jump up and with enough know how/tune selection/and knowledge of such tunes you can do some wonderful shit... dd's cutting phasing replacing breaks and even getting a solid liquid roller and banging a heavy half step over it...

check these as example>>>> http://soundcloud.com/djhepz/jordans-mix-jungle

http://soundcloud.com/djhepz/bass-music

Back
Top Bottom