Jump-up and Brostep have no replay value.

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So all this modern jump-up and brostep stuff has no shelf life at all, despite being well produced, good tunes.

I'll hear a new tune from Original Sin or someone like that, and i think 'yeah thats sick'. Then i hear it a few more times and then i never wanna hear it again. Same with all this brostep stuff. Sick for a few listens, then its gathering dust. Theres nothing that makes me wanna go back and listen to this stuff. I mean, its not exactly 'timeless' music, is it?

Discuss.

theres plenty of jump up tunes ill listen to an play often

Yeah I still play some of it, but I realised what you have a while ago and have saved my self a fortune since.

Original Sin - Move is pretty sick. First thing of his i've liked in a long time.

I think theres a lot of dancefloor stuff that you can draw for and a place will go off. As much as people may hate it and i know people do, drop Mr Happy in 5 years time and watch a crowd go ballistic

My personal view is that this is a product of the new generation of music production that is upon us now.

If you do any digital djing or buy tunes from digital outlets you'll see the massive amounts of pap on there. Sorting wheat from chaff is a time consuming affair and its becoming ever more difficult simply due to the fact every tom dick and harry can start a label and sell their own stuff.

Gone are the days when you needed to have a killer tune to get the funding from a label to press the vinyl.

As an effect of this, the big boys are pushing ever more stuff out at an increasing rate which is watering down their own content. To such a degree that it becomes cookie cutter. rinse, repeat.

So all this modern jump-up and brostep stuff has no shelf life at all, despite being well produced, good tunes.

I'll hear a new tune from Original Sin or someone like that, and i think 'yeah thats sick'. Then i hear it a few more times and then i never wanna hear it again. Same with all this brostep stuff. Sick for a few listens, then its gathering dust. Theres nothing that makes me wanna go back and listen to this stuff. I mean, its not exactly 'timeless' music, is it?

Discuss.

Feel free to suck my dick.

Discuss.

Glad you said Brostep and not Dubstep

Tastes mature thankfully. Maybe you've just reached the stage where you're looking for something more from your music than screeches, squelches, farts and belches

i luv jamp ap m10... if itz a reel banga den i play it like 50 times yagetsme

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Tastes mature thankfully. Maybe you've just reached the stage where you're looking for something more from your music than screeches, squelches, farts and belches

and being a cynical wanker also comes with time... watch out mr meh, else you'll end up hating everything like testicles here

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Original Sin - Move is pretty sick. First thing of his i've liked in a long time.

I think theres a lot of dancefloor stuff that you can draw for and a place will go off. As much as people may hate it and i know people do, drop Mr Happy in 5 years time and watch a crowd go ballistic

waynes right... someone dropped mr happy at a low down deep jamp ap rave and the place went nuts

i luv jamp ap m10... if itz a reel banga den i play it like 50 times yagetsme

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

and being a cynical wanker also comes with time... watch out mr meh, else you'll end up hating everything like testicles here

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

waynes right... someone dropped mr happy at a low down deep jamp ap rave and the place went nuts

Be fair, I don't hate everything

Just about 95% of everything

"Brostep is not a recognised genre" - Quote by The Elder Cheiftains of The Hierarchy of Electronic Music.

haha yeah u got a point its because most of the producers who make that music just hype and hype, then move onto the next hype

there are a few jump up tunes that are still bangers long after their time, but i don't really think the point of jump up is to be timeless

Back
Top Bottom