JukeMaluke - The Journey - WIP

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by tewky1, Dec 12, 2012.

1. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Hi

Been working on some sampling from some packs I have been picking up, and what with the Space theme being planted in my head from talk of the compo, found a bit of inspiration(and the LFO's :) ) yesterday. I processed 2 samples, cut em up a bit, filters blah blah, to come up with the tonal sounds, and picked out a few samples for the drum loop, which isnt really finished. Just listening, and trying to fit the parts into my head for the drums first, might give it a week or so before I come back to it. I am quickly realizing that learning synthesis is gonna take a while, so have turned to sampling for the creative side for now, until I can make them sick bass noises myself(big up to nicks tutorials for the sound design learning angle).

Enough bollocks talk, heres what i got so far, any opinions on the tune itself, production value aside would be appreciated, and also any production areas. Havent really started any proper EQ on it yet, leave that for a day with no inspiration and focus on the techy bits to do, but any thoughts anyone has on areas to look at would be tres cool!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Well I did some work today on it, couldnt help myself. Got it arranged how I want it I think.

Here is the newer mix I have done.

Cheers if you listen!

3. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

One thing I think you should focus on for your next song is making your kick and snare more clear. Work on one thing at time aand have fun. You have some cool ideas in here.