DnB Juked N b

Dubdamain

Ascend - Can't Hold Back (Dawn Day Night edit)
DJ Fresh - Gatekeeper (CL Moons edit)
Youngstar Pulse X (Blackwax Remix)
Bones & Money Black Diamond (Chrissy Murderbot Remix)
Om Unit & Sam Binga Gamma
EAN Flow (Om Unit Remix)
>Blackjob Rise Again ft. Suz (Sam Binga remix)
Digital & Spirit Phantom Force (Fracture Astrophonica Edit)
Fracture Bad Habit (Om Unit VIP)
Dub Phizix & Skeptical Run It Like The President (ft. T-Man)
Stray The Pursuit
House Of Black Lanterns Truth & Loss (Fracture's Astrophonica Remix)
Om Unit & Sam Binga Electric Riddim
Machinedrum Clissold VIP
Fracture Get Busy
Spinline Sundays (Stray Remix)
Om Unit & Sam Binga Small Victories
Danny Scrilla Jolt
Fracture & Neptune - Ventura

Feed back always appreciated!

Will have a slice of this for one of the next couple of mixes I listen to Dubdamain.
Love a bit of juke & with a wicked tracklist like that, it would be rude not to have a listen

As mentioned already, love the tracklist & the choice selection that has gone into it.

First tune was wicked. Right into some straight up juke. That whole free LP is quality & will have the pleasure of mixing it one day when I finally make the switch to digital. The breakbeaty break before that Gatekeeper edit was nice, and I'm not usually fond of the breakbeaty stuff. Both the first & second compliment each other in the mix. The bassy happy clappy Pulse X makes its appearance from the double at the second drop in Gatekeeper rmx to full effect. Black Diamond rmx worked a treat off Pulse X with that hip hoppy vocal pushing through a treat. Already anticipating Gamma to bounce in well with Black Diamonds rmx & it did just that, even though it was a switch. Would have liked to hear the mix of the last 2 tunes personally. EAN Flow rmx eased in very well with its vocal announcing its arrival. Not heard that before & should have made it onto vinyl imo. Not heard Rise Again rmx either, which teased in very well, almost missed it. Phantom Force rmx's haunting flavours drift in whilst the previous tunes beats stay, but again would have liked to hear the mix as opposed to the switch. Plus, waited a fair while for Bad Habit rmx... Phantom Force rmx was on its way out & maybe the blend 64 bars earlier would have suited these 2 more. Liked hearing Run It Like The President in there too, did slip in under the radar, but the vocal was kept in well with Bad Habit rmx till the drop.

The Pursuit built well ticking away while RILTP stepped its beats in & out. Love this tune & respect for including it in the mix, but another switch.... should have kept it in. Letting The Pursuit roll on its own was nice but that mix would have been a wicked contrast of styles. Had to wait for the second half of The Pursuit before Truth & Loss rmx appeared, but lining it up for the double drop with The Pursuit made up for the wait. Wicked double with the running beat of The Pursuit & the half time step of Truth & Loss rmx. Been enjoying Truth & Loss rmx as well, but can't decide weather I like the original or the rmx more. The rmx has a nice mixable intro where as the original doesn't, but the original has more jukey energy, where the rmx is more broody. Got to start playing Electribe Riddim myself, heard some wicked blends with it & rolling off the tail end of Truth & Loss rmx was nice mix. The melodic intro of Clissold rmx really pushed through the mix & complimented the step of Electribe Riddim even though it dropped on its own. Get Busy worked SO well building into Clissold rmx with its intro & the dropped kept the hectic steppy juke vibe going for a very interesting mix. Fav mix in the ride :) The melody of Sunday rmx blessed Get Busy a treat & when the drop rolled, it was just the right amount of addition to Get Busy + keeping the drawn out womps of Get Busy in till the breakdown in Sunday rmx was a nice touch. Small Victories build well through the breakdown for the switch at the drop. Prob my least favourite on that EP, but nice to hear it in the mix. Jolt might be my fav off that Danny Scrilla EP & eased in well expecting a double, but for another switch. Not heard Ventura before & reminded me of some throwback Fracture & Neptune stuff.

Loved the way this mix starts of with some true jukey bits, then makes the transition into the 170 juke stuff. I really want to explore buying some 165 bpm stuff, but I want it to be able to mix with the 170. Running the internet through speakers at home I can try it, but its finding stuff that works fairly effortlessly without pitching stuff up / down too much. The transition blended really well easing up the tempo slightly through the ride. Loved the choice of tunes, the mixing was quality & the EQ-ing was right up there. Just a few too many switches for my liking, built to the drops & dropped well, but would have liked to hear more of them mixed.

You would have liked Beats & Bass 1 going by the tracklist in this - http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...arity-Fracture-Om-Unit-Stray?highlight=rifine

Expect a venture back toward some juke in a forthcoming B&B episode ;) Would appreciate if you could give my latest mix a listen & jot some words too man http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...Mixes-(Amoss-To-Zero-T-amp-0-To-10)-100-vinyl

Mate maximum respect for the listen. Your reviews are ace.

For some reason I hate my mixes after Ive finished them?! Your right about Pursuit such a tune.

Some of the mixes I was considering continuing but I wasn't happy with them dropping together, spose I could of been a bit less switch happy!!

I'll be sure to give your mixes a listen.

very very enjoyable mix, set my morning up nicely, dont know half of the artists or tracks, but anything DnB is good to me..
cant really pick out particular parts or anything, just thought the whole mix was tight, everything blended in well with each other
Think the first section say up Run it like the President was seamless, after that i got distracted on't interwebs but still listening
very good over all good, going to try buy abit more juke myself i think ;)

Don't think I've forgotten, just haven't had a chance to sit and listen yet!

First tune is wicked. Forgot I'd put this on CD, need to start using it. Will be perfect for the house party im playing tonight. Hadn't heard the gatekeeper remix yet but they both work well off each other. The third tune is wicked! Haven't heard it yet. Definitely bagging that one. Loving the old school feel of this black diamonds track. Gamma is definitely a tune to cut. Ean comes in nicely. blackjob remix is amazing, rinse it so much. but you teased it though. damn i was looking forward to it haha. havent listened to phantom force since dbridge rewinded it at exit 10. I would have probably cut out of ean before the drop of pf though. let it build up on its own for the 4 or 8 bars beforehand.
Bit of a switch in styles into run it like a president. pursuit tickets in nicely. wicked double drop with truth & loss. Electribe riddim works really well with this. great mix. oh my days - clissold vip and get busy bounce off each other perfectly. Although it does sound a bit busy further through the blend. get busy and sundays remix are both pretty busy tunes and you've eq'd it well so that they dont over power one another or whatever.

All in all mate, wicked mix. Few too many cuts for my liking, I would have enjoyed hearing some more roll out together. Your mixing is tight though. Was nice to hear a jukey mix im the members mixes section. Don't believe there's been one for a while now, unless I missed one. And thanks for showing me/reminding me of a couple of tracks.

Back
Top Bottom