Juke Jungle Footwork? Om Unit etc

Shatner's Bosom

murder TANMUSHIMUSHI
VIP Junglist

Fracture - Bad Habit (Om Unit VIP)
Baobinga, Gemmy - Rockfall
Moresounds - Analog Steak (Danny Scrilla Remix)
Fracture, Dawn Day Night - Sick Wid It
Om Unit - Dark Sunrise
Beastie Respond - One More Second
Submerse - Melonkoly (Deft Remix)
Om Unit - Folding Shadows
Dubrenaline - Outsider
Breach - Jack (Chimpo's Problem Child Refix)
Om Unit - Ulysses
Sinistarr, Calculon - Bloodfight
Ward 21 - President Of Hoochie Land (Danny Scrilla Edit)
Krampfhaft - I Needed You (Om Unit Remix)
Danny Scrilla - Jolt
Blackjob - Rise Again (Sam Binga Remix)
Stray - Prof Popper
Om Unit - Governer's Bay
Fracture - Better Than Tomorrow
System - Sound Man
dBridge - Death of a Drum Machine
Fracture - Gangbusters

- - - Updated - - -

The Chimpo tune doesn't fit at all but I couldn't resist putting it in

Rah! I can tell you now without listening to it, that the Soundman - Death Of A Drum Machine is a wicked blend, as I have been playing that myself and had it lined up for a forthcoming Beats & Bass episode. Damn you Terpit! :teeth: Will be the next members mix I listen to, as you know I like this kind of music :)

Still love that Bad Habit (Om Unit rmx). Worked nice as an intro, with the fast-slow thing getting going, but mainly like hearing that tune in the middle of a mix. Nice to hear things in a different position though. Heard that Rockfall before and wanted to pick it up as I liked it so much, but haven't made the switch to digital yet. Sick Wid It came in well with the squelchy bits of Analogue Steak rmx hanging around. Must play Sick Wid It more, as it was one of the tunes that stood out on Mosaic 2, but just haven't played it much. Enjoyed the way the vocal in SWI finished as the vocal of Dark Sunrise came in from the drop. Those sitting well together in the mix and anticipating how the mix out of Dark Sunrise will go.... One More Second begins to make its appearance through the breakdown. Loved the way that doubled! Have tried doing doubles that, but never felt confident enough to record it. Same with the Jolt - Rise Again rmx, another mix I take my invisible hat off for! That Deft rmx is sweet. Not heard that before & sounding nice on the ears with the minimal juke elements in that.

Thoroughly enjoying all the 160/170 bits on Om Unit's LP at the moment, especially Folding Shadows, working well with that Deft rmx. More new unheard goodness for me in the shape of that Outsider tune.... very nice and very Beastie Respond-ish in the melodies & drawn out notes :) Actually thought that the Jack refix suited the previous tune, just came in a bit funny, like it would have sat a little better if it suited the intro structure of Jack. Ulysses - Bloodfight (I'd not heard) - President Of Hoochie Land rmx (I'd not heard) was a quality string. Not too keen on that I Needed You rmx. Usually a huge fan of Om Unit, but that was a bit too weird & electro mad. My boss doesn't like that one either by the way :) Jolt sounds nice in there. As previously noted, the mix with Rise rmx was quality. The additional percussion that the Sam Binga rmx brings to Jolt was cool, plus the little bass switch 32 bars through that blend was a wicked touch. Again more quality with Prof Popper. Those 2 really sounding amazing together. V-choice selection right there. More goodness in the form of Governer's Bay. Better Than Tomorrow took the mix on a more steppy vibe for the last 12 mins or so, with the melodies of Governer's Bay poking through the filth of BTT. Wasn't expecting the added position of Soundman - Death Of A Drum Machine, but sounded quality as expected! Gangbusters was a good ending / outro tune. Compliments parts of the hectic drums in DOADM.

Really wicked mix altogether Terps! Lots of goodness that I knew, with a nice handful of tunes that I didn't. Just how I like it (y)

B&B 7 is due to drop in a couple of week. Would be cool if you could drop some thoughts on that when it sees the light of day man.

Thanks man, those Danny Scrilla remixes are free on his SC (with loads of others), I initially tried to put this into the mix but it wouldn't go anywhere.

That Jack remix is a weird one, it's intro has a dodgy structure so I can't think how to mix it apart from just banging it in during a break down

Thanks man, those Danny Scrilla remixes are free on his SC (with loads of others), I initially tried to put this into the mix but it wouldn't go anywhere.

That Jack remix is a weird one, it's intro has a dodgy structure so I can't think how to mix it apart from just banging it in during a break down

No worries! That Purple City rmx is quite nice. Very similar to a lot of his stuff, but still nice as a free tune.
With the Jack rmx, you count how many bars the intro is and deduct it from the end of a 32 bar loop to bring it in in the right place.

Hopefully intend on doing a juke episode of the Beats & Bass series one day

'You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.'? Has the limit been changed?

Anyway, cheers chaps

Wicked mix Will! Cool stuff don't listen to this style much usually.

What's the name of the bad ass tune at 37m48??

Had a very busy w-e but will check this mix under the week,
Lots of unknown stuff to me in the TL, and curious about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was expecting nice blends and quality tunes, even if most of the titles u dropped there were unknown to me, I really enjoyed the mix,
way more bleeps than I usually bear, but it worked!

Will give it another couple of spins to get deeper in it, quality!

downloading this one now, tracklist is completely unknown to me apart from prof popper but I do like that tune haha, will leave feedback when listened mate

Back
Top Bottom