Juggling ? !

Kibon

Blaze It Down !
VIP Junglist
what exactly is this ? and how does it work? and is this more for the "junglist-type dj's" or is it done in any kind of dnb ?

it's and turntablism art of (in most cases) juggling two identical records, usually with hiphop actually but can be done with any genre basically

check it roc raida bustin his shit, good tutorial you get the basic picture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGwRJaJ-PM

most of my records got markers btw :teeth:

Last edited:
thanks !
lol , this is way to hard for me ! but I'm still gonna practice on it , you can really impress people with that stuff ..

thanks !
lol , this is way to hard for me ! but I'm still gonna practice on it , you can really impress people with that stuff ..

yeah but it kinda sucks if you wanna do it live on some random club because you usually need your own needles with you

i mean
e009803.jpg

but what do you use to mark them ? pieces of tape ?

nah i bought like shitloads of these different colours of round stickers from japan, they're just about the right size and and i got like hundreds of them, they sold them in bookstores

but yeah before i had those i used to cut pieces of paper and just tape them to the records with see-trough-tape, it was too much hassle

I've had a go but its solid best I can do is just basicly make an extended intro to Shy Fx - Feellings, Just use the instrumental on B side of Everyday an original, its fun but hard, you gotta be quick at cueing up, and you gotta have good needles, I use Numark Groove Tool an they bounce all over the place :( Really need to invest in some new ones

I've had a go but its solid best I can do is just basicly make an extended intro to Shy Fx - Feellings, Just use the instrumental on B side of Everyday an original, its fun but hard, you gotta be quick at cueing up, and you gotta have good needles, I use Numark Groove Tool an they bounce all over the place :( Really need to invest in some new ones

yeah I understand what you mean with the bouncing :) same problem here .. a friend of me uses the penny-trick but I'm not really into that trick as I don't want my vinyls to get hurt..

Friction did it a lot when 'Jump' was first out on dubplate to open sets, gettin a repeat of the jump into the drop, have a look on dnb arena for a set from a Dnb arena birthday party, probably about a year and a half ago now!

tbh it's pretty useless in dnb in most circumstances, not enough vocals in tunes to juggle with

Friction did it a lot when 'Jump' was first out on dubplate to open sets, gettin a repeat of the jump into the drop, have a look on dnb arena for a set from a Dnb arena birthday party, probably about a year and a half ago now!

tbh it's pretty useless in dnb in most circumstances, not enough vocals in tunes to juggle with

you dont need vocals?! o_O

Die did it with mr. happy earlier this year, set opened with loud&dirty, dunno which one it was.. BIG mix tho.

Some of the back cueing Hype does is amazing.
I think it can add a third dimension to any set but it needs to be good!

I think it is where you put one record one beat behind the other so that it repeats the sounds. Both have to be the same record

lol , yeah I'm afraid that when I start practicing this stuff to much that I will damage my records..

yeah well that's the price you gotta pay, the concussions are fine if you don't count the drop part where there's practically no bass at all for like 2 seconds

but as we are talking about turntablism now, I heard about something called "freaking"? is this the same as juggling or is this not really a common thing in turntabling ?

Back
Top Bottom