Juggling ? !

? whats that?

Back cueing is one of the most fundamental skills of turntablism.
You have two copies of the same record.
You play one for the length of time you like (1 bar, 2bars etc)
Then quickly cut to the same bit of the second record.
While that is playing rewind the first one and cut again.
Repeat.
Im gonna try and post a pick of someone doing it for you.

Back cueing is one of the most fundamental skills of turntablism.
You have two copies of the same record.
You play one for the length of time you like (1 bar, 2bars etc)
Then quickly cut to the same bit of the second record.
While that is playing rewind the first one and cut again.
Repeat.
Im gonna try and post a pick of someone doing it for you.

ah yeah that's that, got confused

that's like one of the fundamental things when mixing hiphop

ah yeah that's that, got confused

that's like one of the fundamental things when mixing hiphop
Yeah for hip hop djing it's quite essential but it looks and sounds good with other genres too.

I really want to learn how do do all this stuff but my mixer isn't good enough:(

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_D__pWs8I
This is a bedroom DJ doing a fairly basic back cue.
If you can find it DJ Hype back cued Pendulum - Masochist as his intro from grobal gathering (around 2006).
It is fucking sick.

wait, that's back cueing? that's like the "basic juggle" to me, like where everything begins when you start training

man i should get a camera and record some of my routines

wait, that's back cueing? that's like the "basic juggle" to me, like where everything begins when you start training

man i should get a camera and record some of my routines

Yeah it's basically a really basic juggle and then from there you can make it more complex and add scratching in etc.
Try to post some of your stuff though. I love watching turntablism and scratching. I got a fair few DMC DVD'S but haven't brought one in ages:(

Yeah it's basically a really basic juggle and then from there you can make it more complex and add scratching in etc.
Try to post some of your stuff though. I love watching turntablism and scratching. I got a fair few DMC DVD'S but haven't brought one in ages:(

yea i've been doing all kinds of shit with juggling including backspins, under the foot etc :D got like few DMC dvd's too and some japanese turntable DVD's i got from Tokyo

yea i've been doing all kinds of shit with juggling including backspins, under the foot etc :D got like few DMC dvd's too and some japanese turntable DVD's i got from Tokyo
Q Bert has some DVD'S too I think that are supposed to be really good.
Mate if you can mute a chanel you can juggle
My mixers cross fader is poor and sometimes bleeds sound from the muted channel:( Can't scratch cleanly with it.

Back
Top Bottom