Juggernaut - Techy Roller

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by tewky1, Dec 6, 2013.

1. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Hey,
    Day off work today, been shaping a bassline for a few days and finally got round to filling out a whole tune. Not proper finished yet, but got the bones of it here. Any comments? Ta

UPDATED VERSION HERE - Added some vocals, made a few changes, mixed it a bit more.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. fragm3nt

fragm3nt New Member

nice one man,deffo finish it, has big potential (y)

tewky1 likes this.
  3. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Cheers man, I recorded some vocals, which was just me talking and I pitched it down a bit and threw a few fx onto it, has a james earl jones quality hahaha. Anyone got any views on whether these work? I still hear one of the synths as being not right, needs some beefing up, but hoping I am getting a vibe goin

wingz likes this.
  4. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

Definitely got big vibes, still needs a bit of beef in the bass though, some subtle distortion and compression with a low pass could sort that though, keep working on it though as it as big potential

tewky1 likes this.
  5. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

Sick mate. Need to add more to the drums. Make the kick and snare really punch you in the gut.

Bass line is raw though!

6. Raptor's Den

Raptor's Den Member

Yo! yeah what phat sam said. The best thing to do for drops at least some drops to make them punch ABSOLUTELY smashingly hard is exactly this. Have your intro/ buildup slightly lower then your drop. While having your drop a good amount louder then the intro/buildup without losing proper balance of dynamics. The intro should be the least voluble element, leading into the buildup slowly bringing you up in volume, then the buildup is the middle volume area the spot where it builds you up all just to the maximum. And since the buildup/intro is lower the the drop you feel every moment of it. Then when it drops, it absolutely just takes the cake! people will go crazy on the dance floor! :) But also youd need to have some sort of sound like a riser that also rises in volume as well as frequency so it connects the buildup basically to the drop.. it bridges the connection!

Thats just one way :)
    hope it helps!
    Great tunes though love them!

I eprsonally record all my sounds into choppable samples so i can easily with a simple click raise the entire volume of the drop and make it one INSANE power packed mixdown.. its all about building it up volume for volume, frequency or frequency, then dropping into some fresh, flowign beats!