Judge beat his wife for being late with tea

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by pitts, May 27, 2011.

1. pitts

pitts Member

A JUDGE'S career was in tatters tonight - after being found guilty of battering his wife because she was late with his tea.

Deputy High court judge, James Allen QC AND his wife a deputy county coroner were also shamed after both were accused of LYING under oath in court to try to get him off.

Judicial officials and police are now considering examining what the pair - both qualified lawyers - said at Bradford Magistrates court during his trial.

The 61-year-old judge - who is due to be sentenced at a later date - and his wife Melanie, 44 are still living together, it was revealed.

During the case prosecutors accused both of perjuring themselves in the witness box when they had claimed that the judge hadn't been violent and that it was Melanie who had punched HERSELF three times in the face.

District Judge Daphne Wickham decided neither had told the truth and she found Allen guilty of assault.

She told court as the judge stood for the verdict: "I am satisfied he lost his temper and snapped."

Hearing the couple intend to stay together, Mrs Wickham added: "As in many domestic violence cases the parties do remain together."

The court heard how Allen had flown into a fury after his wife, deputy coroner for West Yorkshire, put their evening meal on hold to chat to their cleaner who had asked for advice because her mum had been diagnosed with cancer.

Judge Allen spent 90 minutes seething in his study - nibbling on a piece of cheese from the fridge - and then stormed down when the cleaner left.

Allen flew into a rage and ended up punching his wife in the face three times the court heard.

An operator was told in a 999 call that he was "trying to kill" his wife and the operator heard Mrs Allen yelling: "Look at me, look at what you have done to me you stupid man - you have done all of this to me you stupid idiot."

Wife ... Melanie
    Allen admitted in court that he was "irritable" because he was hungry and he had started rowing with his wife at their home near Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

Mrs Allen told the court: "He was not best pleased. He said he had not had anything to eat all day."

She too claimed that she had hit herself in the face to try to stop him leaving.

But Prosecutor David Holderness said she had told police he had attacked her and she said he had "done it to me before".

She also talked of divorce.

Anton Lodge QC, defending, said Mrs Allen would be embarrassed by her self-harming and claimed "it only can be the truth".

In response to the accusation that Allen and his wife had lied, Mr Lodge said; "You know what public position each of them holds. Both of them have considerable years of experience in courts."

Prosecutors and police may now consider a perjury investigation it was revealed tonight.

A West Yorkshire police spokeswoman said: "This is a matter for the legal services, but we will study the outcome of the decision and what, if any, matters arise from this."

Detective Chief Superintendent Ingrid Lee of West Yorkshire Police said after the case: "We welcome today's verdict by the court.

"We take a tough line on claims of alleged domestic violence whoever it may involve. Wherever we find reasonable grounds to do so, we put allegations of domestic abuse before the courts.

"In this particular case both the police and the Crown Prosecution Service felt there was compelling evidence including photographs of physical injuries to the victim and also an audio recording of the 999 call made in the immediate aftermath by another distressed member of the household who stated they had witnessed what had taken place.

"We will continue to treat very seriously any report of domestic violence."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3603064/Wife-beat-judge-found-guilty.html#ixzz1NYQ2K3oW

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

ooh the sun. electric bouillabaisse direct from jump street. all source critique issues aside, she shouldnt have been so late all the time that time with the tea it makes everyone very mad and smack her shit. in the face.

3. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

i didn't read all that.. too much for this time of day.. but what a bish! being late wiv the guys tea!!

4. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

This is fucking disgusting, I couldn't believe my eyes when reading this article, I mean seriously..... it's called DINNER, not tea!!!

5. Ozmatic

Ozmatic Chair of the Nitty Gritty Committee

Dinner=Lunch, Tea=Evening Meal imho

6. pitts

pitts Member

IMO it goes breakfast - dinner - tea

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

hate to break this to you but tea is a drink. the rest are meal times. she was late with his cup of hot tea, chances are he didnt even order hot tea and that is more than any man can take.

8. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Your both wrong!

Tea is a drink.... here is a picture:

[​IMG]

Breakfast > Lunch > Dinner

9. Ozmatic

Brekkie, Dinner, Tea. The way it works.

Do you call your evening meal supper? thats wrong. Plain wrong.

10. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

wtf he didnt BATTER her , he hit her ?!? Battering someone is covering them in a semi-liquid mixture of one or more flours combined with liquids such as water, milk or eggs.....Fuppin terrrrwats

11. pitts

pitts Member

im thinking it must be north/south thing to call meals different names

12. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

No one has thrown around the word supper... that's as bad if not worse than tea!
    Dinner is the meal you eat in the evening.

My misses calls it Breakfast > Dinner > Tea, but she is Northern... so she has an excuse for being odd.

13. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

kicking her tits in, this would be a mear warning.

14. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

tea   
    [tee] Show IPA
    –noun
    the dried and prepared leaves of a shrub, Camellia sinensis, from which a somewhat bitter, aromatic beverage is prepared by infusion in hot water.
    the shrub itself, extensively cultivated in china, japan, India, etc., and having fragrant white flowers. Compare tea family.
    the beverage so prepared, served hot or iced.

din·ner   
    [din-er] Show IPA
    –noun
    the main meal of the day, eaten in the evening or at midday.
    a formal meal in honor of some person or occasion.
    table d'hôte.

/thread

15. Goosey_J

Goosey_J IGNORE ME

I call it supper. Always have done, always will.

Supper4life blud.

16. Ozmatic

I can make up shit too

[tee] Show IPA
    –noun
    What cometh after Lunch, evening meal, commonly black puddings or pasta.
    A nice drink
    James Zero is a dick

17. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

haha :D

Mine was actually taken from http://dictionary.reference.com/

18. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Breakfast > Lunch > Dinner

Damn Supperfags..

19. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

muzza knows, my mum keeps calling dinner tea, drives me up the fuckin wall. I can never tell when what she's asking me i want when she says "do you want tea?"

20. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

You know you get brunch. Well my mate tried to coin a term for a meal between lunch and dinner. This was known as Lionel. I told him it really should have been Linner, but he said Lionel Richie probably has the same type of meal arrangement going on. Bare brool, I know.