Jubei - To Have & Have Not Remix EP

considering the names involved, I am serious underwhelmed with these remixes from the first listen. Hoping some of them will grow on me though

Both Prayer remixes are superb, on par with the original yet at the same time completely different takes, especially Om Unit's remix.

The Blocks and Escher one is a real belter and that clip does not do it any justice at all, seriously meaty weighty banger of the kind that you rarely hear on Metalheadz these days.

I would have much rather seen a Razor's Edge 12" with both of the Prayer remixes on it than this four tunes on a 12" fuckry though.

considering the names involved, I am serious underwhelmed with these remixes from the first listen. Hoping some of them will grow on me though

Not really feeling it first listen either. I reckon these will be growers though. Skepticals first liquid outing in a while. Simple and clean. I think it will sound weighty on a system layered in the mix. Om Unit remix reminds me of SYNKRO and Indigos first releases on Exit. Ulterior motives output i have been underwhelmed with for a while now so didnt expect much. Haven't really been feeling their output since the subtitles days and the Blocks & Escher remix i think is moving away of the reason i liked their output in the begining; moody, simple, rolling. I think there is too much going on on their remix.

Will probably pick up for the Skeptical and Om Unit bits

It's pretty much underwhelming because everybody has just done what they always do. While that's fair enough it just doesn't grab my attention.

The Blocks and Escher one is a real belter and that clip does not do it any justice at all, seriously meaty weighty banger of the kind that you rarely hear on Metalheadz these days..
Everytime i hear Blocks & Escher for Metalheadz, they sound like they are trying to be the 2016 version of Source Direct.
That remix reminds me of the Source Direct Rmx of Dark Metal.

Not feeling any of the tunes, and i love love love everything OM Unit did for Headz so far.

We all had a bad couple of days?...... :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Don't think the ep's that bad.
Don't get me wrong bro - I wouldn't call it bad...I just rate all of those guys pretty high, so they didn't reach that bar for me (at this stage).

Might change my mind when I hear them on a big rig though (its amazing how that can change your perception of tunes haha)

considering the names involved, I am serious underwhelmed with these remixes

This. I only really like the Om Unit rmx so not going to pick this up. Really expected more from UM off the back of Radian. And have heard the Skeptical rmx before which it a nice bouncy Skepi beat but sounds very similar to another of his or one by Alix

Back
Top Bottom