Jubei - To Have & Have Not LP [METALHEADZ]

Launch party last night at the exchange was fantastic, some serious drum and bass going on.

Actually loved watching Jubei thought his set was of particular high quality and was pleasantly surprised by Ulterior motive as I wasn't sure what to expect. We didn't think much of Foreign concept this time but he was on when we got there so we were just getting into it. Guys who went on last were pretty decent too but didn't catch the name.

Wanted to say I thought Mantmast MC was good as well, as MCs can annoy me sometimes but he flowed well and didnt take over the music. Did anyone here Jubei's rinse show with SP:MC? I thought he spoiled that set.

I think this was Adapts first night in Bristol so will be looking out for their events again. Won a signed copy of the sampler too which is great. :)

Wanted to say I thought Mantmast MC was good as well, as MCs can annoy me sometimes but he flowed well and didnt take over the music. Did anyone here Jubei's rinse show with SP:MC? I thought he spoiled that set.

Gonna have to disagree with you there, SP is one of the only MC's I can tolerate and he seems to have a better understanding of dnb than other mc's and let's the tunes flow mostly.

Any London heads heading to the album launch at BM on Saturday? I'll probably be there bobbin my head and getting drunk

This LP is serious! Ruffige 11, Tip the scales, paloma, block code, state of the art are wicked tunes

It's a solid LP with a bunch of good dj tool type tracks, but nothing mind blowing. I bought my copy from the Headz site and the digital mastering is shit. There's no weight to the tunes, which is a shame because that's what makes Jubei tunes stand out.

I've had a few problems with digital mastering lately. This LP, the Overlook release on 31 and Gremlinz - Ruff Age. On the latter tunes, I have to crank the bass all the way up. I imagine Ruff Age sounds like that because the Ice Age break takes up so much headroom.

Actually quite fucking love this album. All the dnb and dubstep is bang on the vibe I'm into. Deep, dark and minimal.

The Prayer with Goldie is a tune.

Yeh man listened to it throughout last night on vinyl then bought it again digitally. Album of the year IMO. I love the 140 bits. Might have to do a 140 mix at some point

Back
Top Bottom