Jubei & Flowdan- Say Nothin' (Rockwell Remix)

Really disappointed with Rockwell over the last couple of years. Hasn't released anything of substance since DJ Friendly Unit Shifter/Fakin' Jacks.

I like the fact that he doesn't want to be known as 'Mr. Ticky Ticky' and keeps mixing things up.

Tripwire, Constantcomplexrhythmicsound and Ballbag are all superb as well, I don't think he's released a bad tune.

That tune he did with Stapleton - Patrol The Block needs to appear soon as well.

Rockwell's really leading the way.. towards a fucking headache.

This. What the hell happened to him since BTKRSH and the rubbish on Way of the Warrior? The Rain was alright, but that was the last thing that was decent from him IMO. I understand wanting to switch up the whole ticky ticky thing, but not with this.

4U is a phenomenal tune? Production wise you can't argue with him. He's no Phace or Noisia but he's getting there.

I get the impression a lot of people are afraid of change, new SpectraSoul tune is dull because it isn't 170, new Rockwell tunes are shit because they aren't ticky ticky... People are going to evolve their sound. The only way to write is not trying to repeat yourself, that is so dull.

whether you like it or not, and a lot of people do, rockwell is trying new things. i guarantee if he'd stuck to the style that you enjoy, more people would be on here moaning that each track sounds like his last release

Love rockwell to the max. Not a fan of this tho. Disappointing, however I dont doubt that I would go nuts if I heard it in a club... that may be the love for the original tune tho.

This. What the hell happened to him since BTKRSH and the rubbish on Way of the Warrior? The Rain was alright, but that was the last thing that was decent from him IMO. I understand wanting to switch up the whole ticky ticky thing, but not with this.
X2.
His remix of Marka is sick though.
Rockwells well into his hip hop though isnt he so I guess this was just a little play about/experimental idea using the Say Nothin vocals.

I don't think many would be able to do such a good remix. May not appeal to most of the fanboys here, but his variety is ridiculous. I'm not a huge fan of his techier output except for No!, but I love how he's able to take a different approach to almost every tune he makes.

Back
Top Bottom