JoyC December 2012

Meant to get round to listening last week, but have been busy. So here it goes. Errrgh.... mixcloud, but anyway.
Really interested to hear all the teases in there + a varied tracklist makes for an inciting listen.

Wicked intro with Never The Same. That tune needs to be used more as an intro tune or a cut in the middle of a set imo compared to Air Guitar & Do Without you which could be positioned anywhere in a set. Loved the contrasting drum patterns with Never The Same & Snuck, the choppy roughness & kinda wooden drums + where Snuck came in, no warning & Framework pushed through, including the vocal before the drop which was nice, straight into the ticky ticky of Full Circle. Breaks to the Deepest Shame rmx & time to write a little more :) Man, your work rate already is exceptional! Was feeling the impact of Triple X when that came into Deepest Shame rmx even though I'm not a huge fan of the mainstream dancefloor flavours. Nice breakdown to Never Enough which built well to Soundclash. Chords - Kick To Death was an energetic mix, with both tunes being quite aggressive & pretty pacey, they fitted together well. Not heard Jarhead or Descent before which both felt like they sat nicely in the mix. Riptide edged in effortlessly off the back of Descent & set up Network a treat, just in time for the brief vocal just before the drop. The bass wobbles of Network bouncing nicely along with Riptide, straight into Tank with Foodfight building. The squelchy filth in Tank easing in & out of the droning undercurrents of Foodfight, breaks down with the bleeps pushing through setting up Nosher rmx exceptionally well. Very choice selection right there. No time to finish writing the last sentence & Spartan Law is in, handing proceedings back to Nosher rmx to take off again, keeping the bleeped hooks of Tank riding along side.

Black & White - Nightflight sat together well as you'd expect from 2 RAM tunes. Digital World pushed through with some rolling drums in the mix. Wasn't terribly fond of this section from Digital World to Recharge, but thats just personal taste. Whatever rmx - 2012 was a beasty mix, with the bounce of Whatever rmx tying in a peach with the half time build up of 2012 + when that dropped.... oh my! Fav mix so far right there. Wicked hearing Chaingang rmx in there with Wharever rmx. Someone else I heard play Chaingang rmx in a mix last week & its SUCH a good tune, just wish the rest of that EP was on par with it as I'd pick it up. Not heard Raver Fizz before & that was pretty interesting... elements of Druggy in there I think. The breakdown in Raver Fizz really sets up Air Guitar too + when that drops, the synthy hooks in Raver Fizz vibeing off the distinctive bass in Air Guitar + liked hearing the Druggy type parts coming back in. Loving The Rift coming in for some deep vibes off the back of Air Guitar. Choppy drums in Driller Killer contrast the rolling flavours of the last little section & twisted the drums in Air Guitar into an almost double bounce. Thoroughly enjoyable, just can't stand too much of the vocals in Driller Killer. The melodic beats in Break Me Down were quite pleasant on the ears flowing off the back of Driller Killer. Wasn't fond of the next section when looking at the tracklist from We Are One rmx to Twisted vip. We Are One rmx is a bit too in-your-face with the drum arrangement a bit all over the place. But did enjoy the Snapcase tease with Twisted vip & the Snorkel tease was rather nice, if a tad quiet.

That Rollup rmx was wicked too. Love a bit of trap slapped in the mix :) Pretty much missed Network rmx as it was mixed so well & hardly know the tune that well & Bonsai Run is creeping in. Such a quality tune & vastly underrated with whats on the flip. Mixed solidly & so that it packed a punch :) Second fav mix so far. Oh yeah, there is Trainchaser. Pleasing steppy beat on that one. Can't say I liked the Break rmx of The License, but mixed with Quest was a nice combination & quickly into The Way rmx kept the oldskool vibes a flowing. One Dj was great hearing again in the mix, the less said about my thoughts for Wilkinson tunes, the better. Shivers was also a nice listen. Ziggurat....eugh.... no Spor, just no. Must have blinked & missed Come Alive too- it was in there really well. Homage came in pretty pounding & a wise choice letting that roll out + a wicked mix with Bounce, just a little quiet. I've found it hard to chose tunes that go well with Bounce. Homage - Stomp kept the energy flowing & nothing needs to be said about Homage - Standing Room Only. Standing Room Only is immense & respect for playing it in the mix. Quality mix to end with.

I take my metaphorical hat off to you Charlie! Didn't think you could squeeze all those teases in, but it worked, it wasn't too much & keeps things fresh right the way through the mix. Incredibly high tunes to minutes ratio, SO many tunes packed into the first & last 5 minutes which was very nice right to the end.

Still yet to grab that new Spor 12".

No Mr Smith. Leave the tune alone :teeth:

Damn, that's what I call a fucking review. Reading that and listening to the mix again makes it sound even better than the first time.

Bloody hell!!!!!

Firstly thanks for taking the time out to listen to the mix and then to write this epic review. I really appreciate it bro.

As for the mix cloud thing I can't get into my soundcloud and don't want to create another account. So this is second best me thinks.

If you don't do track/mix reviews already you should.

Big ups.

Yo man,

Finally got round to listening to this today, wicked wicked mix. Absolute savage beatmatching as always. Smashed it.

favourite part has to be the intro, everything worked so well with Never The Same, and the whole tracklist just flowed easily.

Big ups man! dont leave it so long next time :D

Bloody hell!!!!!

Firstly thanks for taking the time out to listen to the mix and then to write this epic review. I really appreciate it bro.

As for the mix cloud thing I can't get into my soundcloud and don't want to create another account. So this is second best me thinks.

If you don't do track/mix reviews already you should.

Big ups.

No worries man! I do mix reviews on here & am happy to do so. Although when it comes to tune reviews, I would rather review something that I like to listen to. Its bad enough when I first started picking up tunes, having to sift through the pages off pap on Redeye ect to find decent tunes without knowing the names

Yo man,

Finally got round to listening to this today, wicked wicked mix. Absolute savage beatmatching as always. Smashed it.

favourite part has to be the intro, everything worked so well with Never The Same, and the whole tracklist just flowed easily.

Big ups man! dont leave it so long next time :D

Thanks Matty, lets hope you dont take to long either!! Yours has been on repeat!!

No worries man! I do mix reviews on here & am happy to do so. Although when it comes to tune reviews, I would rather review something that I like to listen to. Its bad enough when I first started picking up tunes, having to sift through the pages off pap on Redeye ect to find decent tunes without knowing the names

I remember those days!! i used to do that every saturday morning!! Thanks again man!

Back
Top Bottom