Joy Division appreciation

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Hmm, I've been listening to Joy Division massively the last couple of months.

Sparse production, bass and drums to the front, guitar to the back and the vocal centred, very pleasurable.

Massively depressing music so don't listen to it unless you've been through a certain phase of your life and danced, danced, danced to the radio. I.e. < 25. After that, you can appreciate it.

bit insulting to be told that i can't listen to joy division anymore

oh well, only 4 years and 2 weeks till i can indulge myself :teeth:

Im only 18, But i been listening to joy division since i started my teenage years. Minimilistic music with a sharp crisp delivery. I really like them. Ian Curtis' life is pretty interesting, If you ever get a chance read 'touching from a distance', It highlites a lot about his life and his problems.

Joy Division is one the best bands ever. It's a pity Ian Curtis committed suicide otherwise we would still have Joy Division instead we got that shitty gay sound of New Order.

he didn't commit suicide, he just died.

i never got into bands that were around befroe my time. i never found them tangible. i want to buy new releases go see them and all that. janes addiction were the stand out band of my youth and dinosaur jr used to do it for me big time as well

he didn't commit suicide, he just died.

In the early hours of 18 May 1980, Curtis hanged himself in his kitchen after having viewed Werner Herzog's film Stroszek and listening to Iggy Pop's The Idiot. At the time of his death, his health was failing as a result of his epilepsy and a hectic touring schedule, and his marriage was falling apart

New Order are fine in my books, they helped start the rave revolution which led to dnb. Without them there would not have been the Hacienda and possibly acid house.

In the early hours of 18 May 1980, Curtis hanged himself in his kitchen after having viewed Werner Herzog's film Stroszek and listening to Iggy Pop's The Idiot. At the time of his death, his health was failing as a result of his epilepsy and a hectic touring schedule, and his marriage was falling apart

did he seriously kill himself?

Watch the movie 'Control'.

Ace, but bleak.

Hung himself either the day before, or actual day they were due to leave for a US tour.:|

Back
Top Bottom