Dubstep Jordan Parsons - Tranquilize (Old Style Dubstep. Chilled, No crazy wobbles! ;) )

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey everyone,

Not sure how well you guys all know me but you may have an idea of my taste in Dubstep. I do like all of it but my favourite style for sure is the darker, chilled and non screaming stuff! :lol: Artists in particular would be L-Wiz, Mala, Skream (some), etc.

I was playing around and ended up making tune in a similar style. I hope you like it! :) It's just meant to be nice and chilled like. Dark too. Let me know what you think :D

Re: Jordan Parsons - Tranquilize (Old Style Dubstep. Chilled, No crazy wobbles! ;)

Oh yes I know your taste man, Skream's In for the kill remix was my first touch of electronic music. After that various artists like Kryptic Minds and The Others have took over my playlists.

Enjoyed! I chilled that whole 6 minutes with my coffee cup so it works for me. :) Maybe your drums need something more, try to add some hihats with nice groove you know? :D It also needs some tiny fxs, not screaming as you said.

Re: Jordan Parsons - Tranquilize (Old Style Dubstep. Chilled, No crazy wobbles! ;)

Cheers man, glad you enjoyed listening to it :)

Next time I open this one up I will have a fiddle with the drums and see if I can do something groovy with the hats :D Will whack some FX or something in there too, cheers for the feedback!

I love the dub feel, something that's lost from the genre, forever.

Definately needs some more hat and percussion shuffles going on to give it some more "groove". Lovin the real dubby vibe to it, almost reggae like.

I agree with the fletch in that it needs more percussion. An interesting piece to say the least.

My personal taste would say to add a little more variety. Perhaps add in a couple more chord changes here and there? It's still good though. :cool:

Cheers guys,

I will make percussion my priority on this one for now :D

Most of it has alrdy been said, the beat needs more work and some more variety wouldnt hurt. Other than that i find the tune very enjoyable, ur best one imo :)

I agree with the fletch in that it needs more percussion. An interesting piece to say the least.

My personal taste would say to add a little more variety. Perhaps add in a couple more chord changes here and there? It's still good though. :cool:

This is pretty much what I would recommend, too.
I would add variety not just in the chord changes, but also in the introduction of different layers and instruments. Currently your sonic "palate" of this tune is limited to a few sounds (Pad, Tremelo-melody, Drums), so think about what else might be a good addition, etc.

Also try to think about the structure of the song. Right now, it's [intro]-->[Main.. for a while!]-->[brief outro], and could use some shaking up.

Sweet guys, thanks for the useful responses :)

And thanks Underspawn! I would agree this is probably one of my better tracks :D

Back
Top Bottom